These No Bake Mint Chocolate Bars are made with a no bake graham cracker crust and topped with a creamy mint filling and chocolate ganache! See the step by step video down in the recipe card.
Table of Contents
I want to see hands from all my mint chocolate lovers! Where are you?
The husband and I love the mint chocolate combo. We disagree on our share of things, but generally dessert is not one of those things. Unless it’s pumpkin — then he’s all in and I’m on the edge somewhere.
But mint and chocolate? There’s never been any question.
These Mint Bars are the perfect combination of a chocolatey, chewy crust, creamy mint filling and rich chocolate ganache. The cool mint and decadent chocolate balance each other out perfectly!
Tips for making these Mint Chocolate Bars:
- Line your pan: I always line my pan with foil (don’t worry, it’s not going to be baked) so that once the bars are chilled I can easily remove them and slice. It’s one quick step that makes a big difference!
- Yes, you really need the egg (it’s a similar crust to these Nanaimo Bars, which also requires eggs). I promise it’ll be okay — it’s not raw, the egg cooks in the hot cocoa mixture and it binds everything so well that it can’t be left out.
- Yes, you really need to chill it: unless you don’t care about being able to cut nice slices!
Variations on these No Bake Bars:
- You can make these bars with almost any flavor — choose your favorite extract or even use just vanilla!
- You can use any color of food coloring, or none at all, if you want to color them for a special occasion
- Stir in some finely chopped candy canes or sprinkle on top of the chocolate before it sets for a Christmas-y treat
The filling is a perfectly cool and creamy mint buttercream frosting, and the chocolate ganache, well, it’s more chocolate and I think that’s saying enough.
More No Bake Christmas Treats!
More bars for baking!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake Mint Chocolate Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- BaseLine an 8×8″ pan with tin foil.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, sugar and cocoa and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir, and microwave on high another 20-30 seconds if necessary so that all is melted and combined.
- Let cool 5 minutes and quickly whisk in egg (mixture will thicken as the egg is incoprorated). Stir in graham crumbs and coconut until combined. Press into prepared pan.
- Filling:With an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk and beat until smooth, adding a little more milk or sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Add mint extract and green food coloring (as desired). Spread over base in pan.
- Ganache:In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter and melt in 20 second intervals on high, stirring each time, until smooth. Pour over filling in pan.
- Refrigerate until completely set, at least 2-3 hours, before slicing and serving. Store in the refrigerator or freeze for up to a few months.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel