These No Bake Mint Chocolate Bars are made with a no bake graham cracker crust and topped with a creamy mint filling and chocolate ganache! See the step by step video down in the recipe card.
Table of Contents
I want to see hands from all my mint chocolate lovers! Where are you?
The husband and I love the mint chocolate combo. We disagree on our share of things, but generally dessert is not one of those things. Unless it’s pumpkin — then he’s all in and I’m on the edge somewhere.
But mint and chocolate? There’s never been any question.
These Mint Bars are the perfect combination of a chocolatey, chewy crust, creamy mint filling and rich chocolate ganache. The cool mint and decadent chocolate balance each other out perfectly!
- Line your pan: I always line my pan with foil (don’t worry, it’s not going to be baked) so that once the bars are chilled I can easily remove them and slice. It’s one quick step that makes a big difference!
- Yes, you really need the egg (it’s a similar crust to these Nanaimo Bars, which also requires eggs). I promise it’ll be okay — it’s not raw, the egg cooks in the hot cocoa mixture and it binds everything so well that it can’t be left out.
- Yes, you really need to chill it: unless you don’t care about being able to cut nice slices!
- You can make these bars with almost any flavor — choose your favorite extract or even use just vanilla!
- You can use any color of food coloring, or none at all, if you want to color them for a special occasion
- Stir in some finely chopped candy canes or sprinkle on top of the chocolate before it sets for a Christmas-y treat
The filling is a perfectly cool and creamy mint buttercream frosting, and the chocolate ganache, well, it’s more chocolate and I think that’s saying enough.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- BaseLine an 8×8″ pan with tin foil.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, sugar and cocoa and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir, and microwave on high another 20-30 seconds if necessary so that all is melted and combined.
- Let cool 5 minutes and quickly whisk in egg (mixture will thicken as the egg is incoprorated). Stir in graham crumbs and coconut until combined. Press into prepared pan.
- Filling:With an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk and beat until smooth, adding a little more milk or sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Add mint extract and green food coloring (as desired). Spread over base in pan.
- Ganache:In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter and melt in 20 second intervals on high, stirring each time, until smooth. Pour over filling in pan.
- Refrigerate until completely set, at least 2-3 hours, before slicing and serving. Store in the refrigerator or freeze for up to a few months.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel