No Bake Chocolate Mint Lasagna is the perfect dessert for the holidays! With an Oreo cookie crust, it’s has layers of mint cream cheese and chocolate pudding, topped with homemade whipped cream, Andes mints, fresh mint leaves, and chocolate curls!
Mint Chocolate Lasagna is the perfect dessert for mint chocolate lovers!
This easy, no-bake dessert is perfect for special occasions like St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas, or anytime you’re in the mood for an indulgent treat.
Its vibrant green layer adds a pop of color that makes it a centerpiece-worthy dish for any dessert table.
This layered chocolate dessert only requires some mixing and layering and chilling the layers as you make them.
It’s a great make-ahead dessert that can be prepped in advance to make your celebrations hassle-free on the day!
For more dessert ideas that mint chocolate lovers will swoon over, try my Fudgy Mint Chocolate No-Bake Cookies, Homemade Mint Chocolate Oreos, Mint Hershey’s Kiss Cookies Recipe, No-Bake Mint Chocolate Bars, or these Mint Cream Cheese Brownies!
- Cookies: I’ve used Oreos here, but any kind of chocolate sandwich cookie will work well for the base, and for garnishing the top. You could even try different flavors of Oreo if you like.
- Butter: melted butter combines with the crushed cookies to form the perfect dessert foundation. If you only have unsalted butter, just add a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness.
- Cream Cheese: use full-fat cream cheese at room temperature for the best results. Light cream cheese has more water and may not hold up as well.
- Powdered Sugar: to sweeten and add substance to the cream cheese filling and the whipped cream topping.
- Cream: you’ll need heavy whipping cream to add to the cream cheese layer, and also to whip for the topping. A lighter cream will not work because it won’t whip to stiff peaks.
- Extracts: use mint extract to flavor the mint layer, and vanilla extract for the whipped cream on top.
- Food Coloring: you can use green food coloring to give the mint layer a vibrant green color, but it’s optional.
- Chocolate Pudding: use your favorite brand of instant chocolate pudding mix.
- Milk: use your favorite kind of milk to mix the chocolate pudding.
- Garnish: I’ve used chopped Andes mints, fresh mint leaves, chocolate shavings, and crushed Oreo crumbs for garnish, but it’s optional.
How to Make this No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
This recipe is easy to make and no oven is required! Full instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- Make the chocolate crust: Combine the cookies and butter and press into a baking dish.
- Add minty cream cheese filling: Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, cream and extracts to make your filling.
- Add chocolate pudding layer: Make the chocolate pudding and spread over the mint layer. Chill until set.
- Top with whipped cream: Prepare the whipped cream and garnish as desired.
Mint Chocolate Lasagna FAQs
I wouldn’t recommend using essential oils here, as they tend to be much stronger and not always food-grade. Stick to food-safe mint or peppermint extract for best results.
Yes! It’s quite easy to make this dessert gluten-free, you just need to make sure the chocolate sandwich cookies for the crust and the pudding mix are gluten-free.
Store this dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
This recipe freezes well! Store it in a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator rather than at room temperature — it’s even delicious partially frozen!
Tips and Notes
- Let it set properly. Patience is key with this minty Oreo delight! Each layer needs its time to set, especially the chocolate pudding layer. A minimum of 4 hours is recommended to ensure each layer is firm enough for that ideal layered effect.
- Food Processor. While you can manually crush the cookies using a rolling pin, a food processor ensures the crumbs are uniformly fine, giving you that perfect crust.
- Hand Mixer. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer will give you the best results for whipping the cream. You can do it by hand with a whisk, but you can save yourself time and effort by using a mixer!
Chocolate Lasagne No Bake Dessert Recipe Variations
- Food Coloring. Omit the green food coloring if you prefer – the mint flavor will still shine through! However, if you’re making this for a special occasion or event like St. Patrick’s Day or Christmas, the green layer does add a special touch.
- Try other flavor combinations. This recipe is highly adaptable, you can change the flavor extract, type of pudding, and kind of crust used to make an entirely new kind of dessert! Try vanilla and chocolate, pumpkin pudding with a Biscoff base like in my No Bake Biscoff Cheesecake, or even a vanilla and berries version!
- Make it from scratch: you can swap the pudding mix for a homemade chocolate pudding layer. Simply use the cooked chocolate filling in this Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe.
Trust me, nothing complements the layers of chocolate and mint in this dessert lasagna better than a cup of coffee. Try my Cold Brew Coffee for a truly delicious experience. It’s the perfect way to balance out the sweetness and enhance the chocolatey goodness.
Kids will love this Christmas dessert with a glass of cold milk. The creaminess of the milk pairs excellently with the crunch of the Oreo crust and the smooth layers of cream and pudding!
More Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes to Try
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Mint Chocolate Lasagna
- 300 grams chocolate sandwich cookies (about 25 cookies) like Oreo
- ½ cup melted salted butter
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 packages full fat cream cheese (8 oz or 250 grams each) room temperature
- 1½ cups powdered icing sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 teaspoons mint extract (depending on your tastes)
- green food coloring (optional)
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
- ⅓ cup powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped Andes mints, fresh mint leaves, chocolate shavings and crushed Oreo crumbs for garnish as desired
- Combine cookies and melted butter in a food processor and process until smooth and a ball forms. (You can also crush by hand and stir in the butter, just make sure they are crushed fine).
- Press into a 9×13″ baking dish and set aside.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, cream , 1 teaspoon mint extract and food coloring if using and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Taste and add remaining mint extract if desired. Then beat on high for 2 minutes until thick and fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust and refrigerate while you make the pudding.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding mix and milk until completely smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until layers are completely set, about 4 hours.
- Before serving, whip cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over chilled pudding layer and top with garnishes as desired. (You can do this several hours before serving as well)
- Cream cheese: you can use low-fat, lactose-free, or non-dairy cream cheese in this recipe; it just might not set up as firmly. If using low-fat cream cheese, reduce the cream to ¼ cup.
- Whipping cream: real whipped cream is one thing I stand pretty firm on, but you can substitute with a tub of whipped topping if you must. In the cream cheese filling, stir in 1 cup of whipped topping. Then spread as much on top as you like.
- Mint extract: this recipe can easily be made with different flavors by swapping the mint extract and/or pudding flavor! Feel free to experiment.
- Chocolate Pudding: I like to use the instant pudding shortcut here, but you can use a cooked, homemade chocolate pudding if you prefer. I recommend the filling from this Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe; just be sure it is cooled to room temperature before spreading it on top.
- Milk: any kind of milk, even non-dairy milk, will work here.
- Store: This recipe can be kept in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: If you are going to freeze it, I recommend thawing just enough so that it can be served (even eating it partially frozen), because the whipped cream can droop after being frozen.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel