These Chicken Cordon Bleu Foil Packets are SO easy with just 10 minutes prep! They’re easy to prep ahead and make a great camping meal, can be cooked on the grill or in the oven. A true one “pack” meal! With step by step recipe video.
I was really committed to bringing you more summer themed recipes this year, and I feel like I’m doing all right so far.
As much as I’ve been enjoying summer (it goes by so quickly here in Manitoba!), I know I’ll blink and my Pinterest feed will be filled with all things pumpkin. It’s kind of sad, but at the same time, I do enjoy the changing of the seasons every time. It’s one thing I love about living out here!
I will admit, I’m not really a green salad eater.
Although you knew that, because I don’t even have a salad category here on The Recipe Rebel.
I prefer hearty, healthy food, and I love the mix of protein, veggies and cheese in this one pack wonder. With 3 kids 6 and under, I need real food that is going to keep me going for the whole day!
Little Potatoes are low in calories (just 20 per potato!) but high in fiber and potassium. The chicken and ham give an extra boost of protein, and the cheese as well (plus, cheese is just delicious!).
It helps that the kids will eat pretty much anything if there is cheese melted on it!
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Foil Packets:
- Buy good ham. Some of the cooked ham you can find in the grocery store is watery and unappetizing. I like to go for a ham with natural ingredients (bone in is even better, but definitely more time consuming!)
- Pick up some Little Potatoes — any kind you like! Any of the varietals would be good in these foil pack, and they’re all easy to prep (no washing or peeling!), cook quickly, and have a creamy texture unlike any other!
- Get creative. I love that you came here for this recipe, but feel free to make it your own! Add in extra veggies (mushrooms or broccoli would be great in here), swap out the Swiss cheese for another kind (go for a Jalapeno Monterey Jack if you want to spice up your life!), or sprinkle some toasted Panko bread crumbs on just before serving for a nod to a true Cordon Bleu.
More chicken breast recipes:
*This post is generously sponsored by The Little Potato Company — thank you for supporting the brands that support The Recipe Rebel!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Foil Packets
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 300 grams Little Potatoes about 16-20, halved
- 1 cup cooked ham cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, or about 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheese (chicken through pepper). Stir well.
- Lay one piece of tin foil on top of another and spray the center lightly with non stick spray. Spoon 1/4 of the chicken mixture into the center of the foil, and fold to seal completely.
- Grill over direct heat for about 20 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest piece of chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Open packets and sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Close the grill for 2-3 minutes, just until melted. Serve.