These Chicken Parmesan Foil Packets are loaded with veggies for a full meal deal! The ultimate comfort food made right in one pack, on the grill or in the oven, with almost NO clean up! These chicken foil packets are the perfect make ahead meal for camping or busy summer days. With step by step RECIPE VIDEO
So I shared exactly one foil packet recipe last summer. ONE.
Ever since, I’ve been determined that I was going to bring you more grilling recipes here this summer, because who really wants to cook inside?! Here in Manitoba, when the sun is shining we take advantage of it 😉
These Chicken Parmesan Foil Packets are a full meal deal, complete with convenient Little Potatoes—ready to use out of the bag with no peeling required, slices of zucchini, moist chicken breast topped with tomato sauce and stretchy, melty cheese. I love how easily these Creamer potatoes round out a summer dinner!
Summer comfort food at its finest!
One thing I love about these foil packets is how easy they are to make ahead and bring along in the camper.
We bought a camper last June and have been loving the extra family time we get on the weekends by taking off (away from the kitchen and the computer!) and exploring different campgrounds, but it can be a lot of work to get all of the food packed and ready to go.
Chicken foil packets like these are super easy to prepare ahead of time (especially since Little Potatoes require no washing or peeling!), wrap, and refrigerate or throw in a cooler until you’re ready to cook. Easy is the name of the game here!
How to make Chicken Parmesan Foil Packets:
- You can easily make these dairy-free by leaving of the cheese or using dairy-free cheese.
- These chicken foil packets are naturally gluten-free! Just be sure to double check all of your ingredients.
- Feel free to swap out the zucchini and throw in whatever veggies are in the fridge or garden — just keep in mind that they all cook for different times, so you’ll want to choose something that is okay on the grill for a longer period of time.
- If you want to lighten up this recipe, skip the oil and season the chicken dry instead.
- You want to use small chicken breasts or cutlets for this recipe — here is a great tutorial for slicing chicken breasts to make smaller cutlets
Baked Chicken Foil Packets:
This recipe is easily adapted to the oven and is perfect any time of the year!
You can prepare the recipe according to the original directions, seal and bake at 400 degrees F for roughly the same amount of time. Or, if you prefer to skip the foil, you can layer the potatoes, zucchini, chicken, sauce and cheese in a baking dish and bake until potatoes are tender and chicken has reached a minimum of 165 degrees F.
Watch the recipe video and see how to make these Chicken Parmesan Foil Packets!
*This post is generously sponsored by The Little Potato Company — thank you for supporting the brands that make The Recipe Rebel possible!
Chicken Parmesan Foil Packets with Veggies
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 16 Little Potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 2 large, sliced into cutlets)
- 3/4 cup seasoned tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or roughly 400 degrees F, or preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, pesto, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and paprika.
- Place potatoes, zucchini, and onion in a large bowl and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the oil mixture. Toss until everything is coated.
- Lay two sheets of tin foil one on top of the other. Repeat 3 times. On each of the 4 pieces of foil, place 1/4 of the vegetables in the center.
- Place 1 chicken breast on top of the vegetables in each of the 4 packets. Brush chicken with remaining oil mixture.
- Fold up all sides of the foil and pinch along the top to create a packet. Cook on the grill or in the oven for 16-18 minutes, until potatoes are almost tender (they will continue cooking as you add the sauce)
- Open each of the packets (you can do this right on the grill if it's not too hot -- just use some tongs to open them) and spoon 3 tablespoons tomato sauce on top of each chicken breast. Top each with 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Close the lid on the grill or place back in the oven just until the cheese is melted, potatoes are tender, and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately.