We are meat and potatoes people.
I know that sometimes it’s good to try to add some variety into your diet, but man, there is nothing like meat and potatoes. Or meat and cheese on potatoes. With Alfredo sauce.
Now, I like to think I have a fairly healthy diet: I like to eat real food, from real ingredients, and even sneak in some vegetables. I take shortcuts when necessary, but I cook from scratch as much as possible when time allows. I eat everything in moderation, except for chocolate.
I eat chocolate with reckless abandon.
And cheese. And bacon.
But I heard this quote recently, and it went something like this: “Everything in moderation. Even moderation.”
And I think it should probably be my new motto.
That being said, I totally made a meal out of these creamy, roasted potatoes topped with all kinds of other good things. Potatoes have so many good things going on for you, especially if you’re eating the skin along with them.
So these potatoes.
I was given the opportunity to try out some potatoes from The Little Potato Company based out of Alberta, and I jumped at the chance. They are a small Canadian company with simple beginnings, and they know what real food is.
They bag only potatoes of the highest quality, and they come pre-washed and ready to go. No need to peel, chop or prep in any way!
We love our potatoes.
And the little potatoes are just so darn cute!
I used the Blushing Belles to make these one-bite potato skins, and I absolutely love how quickly they roast to perfection in the oven. They’re all so close in size that there’s no second-guessing about which ones are done or how big you should cut them so they’ll all roast evenly.
I don’t know when the last time I roasted whole potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes and had perfectly cooked potatoes in the end. It’s just too easy!
I know most potato skins would use much larger potatoes, but I love how totally poppable (that’s a word, right?!) these potato “skins” are. There’s no mess and you get all of that incredible flavor in your mouth at once — there are no toppings sliding off and depriving you of the cheese or bacon.
Because potatoes + cheese+ bacon = perfection.
And chicken and alfredo sauce? They’re just taking these right over the edge.
So if you’re looking for the perfect side dish for that Christmas dinner, grab yourself a bag of these perfect little morsels from The Little Potato Company and roast them off in the oven with a little butter and salt — you will not be disappointed!
And if you’re looking for the perfect appetizer for your holiday get together, slice those babies up after roasting and stuff them with any combination of incredible things. They’re sure to be a win!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Potato Skins
- 1.5 lb bag Blushing Belles from The Little Potato Company
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce prepared or homemade
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 4 slices finely chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss potatoes with oil and salt and spread on baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice open potatoes carefully using a serrated knife (so the skin doesn’t peel off). Using a small spoon, scoop out the middle of each potato half, leaving the outside of the potato intact (you shouldn’t see the potato skin on the inside).
- Place a small amount of Alfredo sauce in the center of each potato. Top with finely chopped chicken, finely chopped bacon and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes until hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped green onion. Devour.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel