This easy Breakfast Skillet is made with 6 ingredients and in 30 minutes or less! A hearty breakfast or quick weeknight dinner. Includes step by step recipe video down below.
Table of Contents
It’s Monday! Which means we’ve got another brand new 6 Ingredient Supper for you today!
I couldn’t be more excited to share this easy Breakfast Skillet with you today.
Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day, especially when it’s breakfast for dinner.
We just have more time to cook a great breakfast at dinnertime, and more time to enjoy it without having to rush the kids out the door to school.
And what’s not to love?
This Breakfast Skillet is loaded with protein, we’ve swapped the traditional bacon for ham to lighten things up, potatoes add a good amount of fiber and green onions and cheddar cheese add so much flavor (and, I mean, gooey cheese).
I can rarely resist ordering a breakfast skillet at restaurants where they serve all day breakfast (really, the best restaurants!), but now you know I’ll be making them at home allllll the time!
P.S. This is also a great camping recipe, cooked in cast iron over the fire!
- You can make this breakfast skillet dairy free by omitting the cheese or swapping for non-dairy cheese
- This breakfast skillet is naturally gluten-free, just be sure to double check all of your ingredients
- You can make this breakfast skillet vegetarian by swapping the ham for extra veggies — mushrooms, spinach, additional peppers — whatever you like in your omelettes is great in here too!
- You can keep the meat and bump up the veggies just because! Spinach is one of our favorites to add in because no one really notices it and it adds a ton of nutritional value.
- Swap the ham for bacon (cooked, or cook first) or breakfast sausage (again cooked, or cook it first in the pan).
There are lots of ways you can prep this Breakfast Skillet ahead to make life easier on busy days!
- Chop the ham, peppers, and onions in advance and store in the refrigerator up to a couple days.
- Shred the cheese or buy a bag of pre-shredded cheese.
- You can also cook this breakfast skillet completely and then reheat if you are using only scrambled eggs. If you prefer your eggs sunny side up, cook everything else in the skillet, then when you’re ready to serve, reheat on the stove until hot and add your eggs.
Unfortunately cut potatoes do not store well, so please do not prep those in advance.
- Breakfast in a Mug: easy, healthy breakfast casserole!
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Caramel French Toast
- Prep-Ahead Yogurt Parfaits
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3-4 medium red potatoes cut into 1cm cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup chopped, cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 green onion sliced
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add ham and peppers and cook just until peppers are crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Push vegetables and ham to one half of the pan. In the other half of the pan, drizzle with oil if necessary, and crack two eggs into the open space.
- Cook, scrambling, until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Spoon scrambled eggs on top of the vegetables and ham on one side of the skillet, spreading the vegetables and ham throughout the skillet as you do so.
- In the vegetables on the other half of the skillet, create two spaces for eggs.
- Crack the two remaining eggs into the spaces, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, covering if desired, until the whites of the egg are firm.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onion and serve.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel