These air fryer pork chops make a fast and flavorful week night meal. Simple seasoning, easy prep and so juicy!
Table of Contents
We’re talking about our air fryer love again today, and these juicy air fryer pork chops are sure to make any skeptic a believer!
Pork chops can be tricky to cook because they can so easily be overcooked.
They have a golden exterior and juicy interior that just can’t be beat!
What will I need to make these Air Fryer Pork Chops?
- Thick cut boneless pork chops: choose pork chops that are roughly the same size and thickness for even cooking.
- Oil: I used canola oil for this recipe
- Simple seasonings: Salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder work so well together to give this pork chop a flavorful punch!
- Air fryer: I easily fit 4 pork chops into the basket of my 5.8-quart basket.
- A knife: I cut a few slits through the fat strip of each pork chop to prevent curling while cooking.
- Tongs: for turning the meat over and removing it from the very hot basket.
How do you make pork chops in the air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer: this ensures the pork chops cook quickly and don’t dry out!
- Cut a few slits in the fat layer of each pork chop: this helps to ensure they don’t curl
- Drizzle pork chops with oil and season well
- Cook just until an internal temperature of 145 degrees F is reached — a meat thermometer is the best way to check doneness!
What to serve with Air Fryer Pork Chops:
- These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are always a favorite!
- This Broccoli Salad goes with so many things
- My Mom’s Homemade Buns round out any meal!
Are bone in or boneless pork chops better?
I prefer boneless pork chops for this recipe because they cook a little more quickly, and it makes a difference when the family is starving!
I like to look for a nice thick pork chop, at least 1 to 1.5 inches thick or as I can find. They will shrink down a bit as they cook in the air fryer.
If your pork chops are less than 1″ thick, they will cook more quickly so it’s important to reduce check them earlier so they are not overcooked.
More air fryer recipes you’ll love:
- JUICY Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Meatballs — so moist!
- Air Fryer Baked Potato — perfectly crispy skin!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 380℉
- Make a few slices through the fat strip on each pork chop with a sharp knife.
- Drizzle oil on pork chops. Combine salt, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder and sprinkle over pork chops.
- Spray basket of air fryer with non-aerosol cooking spray (or brush lightly with additional canola oil)
- Place seasoned pork chops in basket and cook for 20 minutes, turning once half way through. (*NOTE that thinner pork chops will cook more quickly. Flip at the 10 minute mark and check the temperature — if they are nearing 145 degrees F then cook just a few minutes more. The cook time will depend on the thickness of your pork chops)
- Serve hot with your choice of sides.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel