These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are just as rich and creamy as stove top mashed potatoes with less of the work! The perfect hands-off side dish for any holiday dinner! Includes step by step recipe down in the recipe card.
Table of Contents
I don’t know about you, but here in Manitoba it is comfort food season!
And these Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes?
So creamy, so luscious, and they couldn’t be easier to make.
They are luscious and flavorful on their own, but they’re also the perfect addition to any holiday dinner or weeknight meal!
Simply halve and toss into the slow cooker, then let them cook for a few hours until tender. This is great for school nights because I can get them started before the kids come home and chaos ensues!
And it’s never been easier to get them to eat their vegetables 😉
Variations on these Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes:
Mashed Potatoes are one of the easiest recipes to customize, and there are so many great mix-in options that you can truly make them your own!
- Browned butter
- Crispy bacon or bacon bits
- Sliced green onions or chives
- Fresh dill or parsley
- Any shredded cheeses: mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, Gouda, Gruyere, you name it!
- Jarred basil or sundried tomato pesto
- Cream cheese or boursin
- Buttermilk instead of milk or cream for an extra punch of flavor
Can I make these Mashed Potatoes on the Stove Top?
You can absolutely make these Mashed Potatoes on the stove top, but if you have a few hours, I definitely encourage you to make these in the crockpot because they are just so easy!
You can make them on the stove top in much the same way as the recipe calls for: simmer with chicken or vegetable broth and seasonings until tender, then smash away and add in anything your heart desires (or nothing at all!).
What can I serve with these Crockpot Mashed Potatoes?
Where do I start? These creamy mashed Little Potatoes go with just about everything!
Here are a few more ways to complete your meal:
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
- Sous Vide Turkey Breast with Apple Cider Gravy
- Honey Balsamic Crockpot Chicken Thighs – this saucy is crazy delicious!
- Crockpot Turkey Breast with gravy
*This post is generously sponsored by The Little Potato Company and I was compensated for my time in creating this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Recipe Rebel possible!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs Little Potatoes halved
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup half and half (or milk or cream)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place halved potatoes in a 2.5-4 quart slow cooker.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until tender (the outer potatoes will cook more quickly, so one stir half way through is a good idea but not necessary).
- Add half and half and butter and mashed until desired consistency is reached. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel