Soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies that are never fluffy or cakey. My mom’s recipe that she’s been making ever since I was a little girl! You know they’ve got to be good 🙂
This is another one of those times when I was baking, just to bake.
Actually, the truth is that I was planning on making a visit to the school (I’m a teacher but currently on maternity leave) and I don’t think I could ever go empty handed. I’d hate to see the disappointment in their eyes.
But I just wanted to bake something quick, something that I wouldn’t have to slave over and scrutinize and make sure I record every measurement exactly, as I’m going, and then photograph, edit photos, write a post, write up the recipe………………
So I pulled out my old binder of recipe cards and made my mom’s chocolate chip cookies.
Now, my mom was always one who found a good recipe and stuck to it. Which means that I have a whole arsenal of perfect recipes just waiting to be made again and shared.
And so I figured since I had taken the time to bake them, I had better take a few pictures. And you know how the rest of the story goes.
It’s not like I could ever keep them from you, it’s just that sometimes it’s nice to bake just to enjoy baking. But I managed to set those photos aside for a while and now that we’re in back to school mode (I mean you’re in back to school mode — I’m lucky if I’m out of my pyjamas by 9:30)(am), bring on the chocolate chip cookies!
These are perfect for after school snacks or for lunch boxes (yours or theirs!) — I know that I enjoyed a good number of these growing up and I’m sure your family will, too!
Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies: Soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies that are never fluffy or cakey. My mom's recipe that she's been making ever since I was a little girl! You know they've got to be good 🙂 www.thereciperebel.com
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with an electric mixer), cream together butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and beat on low speed until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into 1" balls and place 2" apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (optional -- I just love baking with parchment paper!). Bake for 8-9 minutes until just set in the center (they should look totally cooked, but you do not want to overbake! Overbaked cookies will be dry and hard).
You might also like these cookies!
Sea Salt and Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies from Cooking and Beer
Homemade Coconut Oreos from Crazy for Crust
Soft Sugar Cookies from Deliciously Sprinkled