Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies that are perfectly chewy, loaded with oats, peanut butter and chocolate chips! No chilling required.
Now, I try not to make claims like, “THE BEST whatever” or “THE ULTIMATE whatever”, unless I know that they absolutely are. And then I feel like it’s my duty to let you know that you can now stop looking. This is the last oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll need.
Unless you’ve never had an oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe, then this is the ONLY recipe you’ll need.
Are there people who don’t like oatmeal cookies? Anyone?
Oatmeal cookies are one of my all-time favorites, and I’ll take them just about any way (yes, even with — gasp — raisins!). But this peanut butter chocolate chip version is by far my favorite way.
This is a recipe that my mom added to her repertoire of Completely Perfect Recipes later on, after she’d perfect Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate Chip and Double Chocolate cookies. And the recipe is one she brought home from school (where she works) one day and it quickly became a favorite.
When my mom makes something over and over, you know you’ll never need another recipe for the same thing. That’s the great thing about sharing my mom’s baking recipes with you — I know that if my mom has made it the same way hundreds of times, then there’s no need to change a thing!
*Note: like most oatmeal cookie recipes, you’ll want to press your cookie dough down slightly before baking to get a thinner, chewier cookie. If you don’t, they’ll still be fantastic, but they won’t sink down and get as chewy. I forgot and baked some without pressing them and they were just slightly higher and thicker.
**I quadrupled this recipe (yeah, that’s right!) and got 8 dozen. I’m giving you the original measurements, which will give you about 2 dozen small cookies. It is really easy to make a larger batch if you want to, and stock up the freezer (which is what I do with them!).
The Best Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature but not warm
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter (90 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour I use whole wheat
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup large oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer (you can mix by hand too, it'll just take some muscle!), combine butter, sugars and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and oats and mix until just combined (don't overmix). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper. Roll cookie dough into 1" balls and place 2" apart on the baking sheet (I do 12 to one baking sheet). Press down slightly (the more you flatten them, the thinner they will end up) and bake for 8-10 minutes until just set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)