This No Bake Brownie Batter Cheesecake is the cheesecake for chocolate lovers! It’s rich and fudgy with no oven required! Includes step by step recipe video
I know you know I have big, BIG love for no bake cheesecakes and just cheesecake in general.
Some of my other favorites here are:
And this The Best Vanilla Cheesecake — no water bath required!
This No Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Square Cheesecake went absolutely nuts around Easter — it’s a little over the top, but if you love the classic marshmallow squares you’re in for a real treat!
I couldn’t resist adding another to my collection from Julianne’s book.
She is the no bake dessert queen and shares her delicious treats on her site Beyond Frosting. If you’ve never heard of her, you need to check her out (link above!) — some seriously amazing desserts!
I can’t say that adding brownie mix to a cheesecake would have ever crossed my mind, but I’m glad it crossed Julianne’s because the flavor in this cheesecake is incredible! It’s so rich and chocolatey without being as heavy as a baked cheesecake.
This cheesecake is for true chocolate lovers only though!
If you’re not one who is prone to lick that brownie batter spatula, then this might not be the cheesecake for you 😉
Now you need to know, this cheesecake is one for sharing!
I would definitely recommend making it when you have a few friends to share with (or, hey — slice it up and freeze individually for when the craving hits!). It’s quite sweet and soooo chocolatey, but it is truly the ultimate cheesecake for chocolate lovers.
Not that I know any of those 😉
Some people have asked about using regular cake mix instead of brownie mix. I haven’t tried it, but I don’t think you would get quite the same intense chocolate flavor. If that’s okay with you, then give it a try!
I will also add that for the recipe, one box of brownie mix should be just right.
Tips for Making this No Bake Brownie Batter Cheesecake:
- You’re going to want a really great Springform pan if you don’t already have one — cheap ones can start to leak and that’s not something you want!
- I’ve included the recipe as it is in the cookbook, but I couldn’t get my hands on any whipping cream before I made it (I tried!) so I substituted 1% milk and it worked just fine!
Here’s a look at the cookbook! No Bake Treats from Julianne Bayer 🙂
Watch the recipe video and see how easy it is to make!
Is it safe to eat raw brownie mix?
It is not recommended to consume raw flour, although I’m going to leave that choice up to you to make. I’ve eaten my share of this Brownie Batter Cheesecake, and I’m still holding up 😉
If you are concerned about the fact that the brownie mix contains raw flour, feel free to heat treat your brownie mix. Some people do this in the oven, be spreading it on a pan and baking it, and I’ve seen others simply microwave the dry brownie mix for a couple of minutes on high.
If it’s a concern for you, feel free to investigate further and make the best choice for you.
Otherwise, you may want to make one of the no-bake cheesecakes listed above or this Chocolate Cheesecake.
No Bake Brownie Batter Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate baking crumbs 225g
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
FOR THE FILLING
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened (I use light) 3 packages
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 96g
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups brownie mix (dry) 375g
FOR THE GLAZE
- 3 tbsp brownie mix (dry) 23g
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- FOR THE CRUSTPrepare a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel. Before measuring, grind the cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or blender. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter for 45 to 60 seconds until the butter is melted.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, pour the melted butter into the cookie crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left. Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of your springform pan to create a thick crust.
- FOR THE FILLINGBeat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar into the cream cheese while beating the mixture. Next, add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Beat until the filling is smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the dry brownie mix, beating on medium speed until the dry mix is completely blended into the cream cheese.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until the filling is firm.
- FOR THE GLAZEIn a small bowl, combine dry brownie mix, vegetable oil and heavy whipping cream or milk. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. For a thinner mixture, you can add additional heavy whipping cream. Drizzle over the cheesecake.
- FOR THE TOPPINGPlace the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the springform pan edge and use a large star tip to pipe the whipped cream on the outside edges of the cheesecake.