This Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken Breasts Recipe is an easy chicken dinner recipe that you can set and forget in your pressure cooker! Serve the chicken and sweet, tangy sauce over rice or noodles for the perfect weeknight dinner! Includes step by step recipe video.
So now that we’ve explored some basic Instant Pot recipes, we’re taking things up a notch with these Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken Breasts.
If you’ve been hanging around here for a while, you know that I will take pineapple on everything. Sweet or savory, breakfast, dinner or dessert — pass the pineapple.
Little Miss S is growing up way too quickly but that also means our nights are slowly getting longer and more restful. I’m starting to feel a little more energetic during the day, but a baby, a preschooler and a kindergartener still make life kind of crazy and don’t leave a ton of extra time for 5 course gourmet meals 😉
We are all about easy these days.
Quick, one pot meals with few ingredients but big flavour is the way to go! And this Pineapple Chicken is right on up there.
If you’re not an Instant Pot rookie and you want to try some pot-in-pot cooking, you could add a baking dish of rice on top of the chicken, but I’m not even going to pretend that I’m there yet, friends. One step at a time 😉
I am not one of those Instant Pot lovers who have brought my microwave, my slow cooker, my oven, my skillets, etc., etc., etc., to the thrift store and now own just a collection of pressure cookers where they once stood. I still think it is best used for certain things, but chicken is one of those things.
You can definitely make this recipe using frozen chicken breasts, but the frozen chicken will release more liquid and dilute the sauce somewhat, so you may need to punch up the flavour after cooking. Serve it over rice, pasta, or these Instant Pot Baked Potatoes (if you’re one of those people who owns more than one 😉 ), and you’ve got an easy, flavourful meal that the family will go crazy for!
Unless your family is made up of people who don’t like pineapple in their dinner, and in that case, more for you 😉
Make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram and let me see!
Tips and Tricks for Making these Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken Breasts:
- My kids aren’t crazy about spicy food, but if you want to take things up a notch, you can sprinkle in a pinch (or more!) of red pepper flakes!
- I have found that at 10 minutes on high pressure, the chicken breast are easily over the safe 165 degrees F. If you have more than 4 chicken breasts and you are stacking them directly on top of one another, you may find you need to add a few minutes to the cook time. Always check the internal temperature of your chicken breasts before eating.
- If you want to fill this meal out a bit more, feel free to add in some veggies: carrots, peppers and broccoli would be great, just keep in mind they will be very soft after 10 minutes so you may want to open the pressure cooker up part way and add them just for a few minutes.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 398ml can pineapple chunks with juice 14 oz
- 3 tablespoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Add pineapple chunks with juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper to the Instant Pot (mine is a 6 quart). Stir until combined.
- Add chicken breasts on top of the pineapple.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing. Set to Manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- When the cook time is over, turn the Instant Pot off. Let pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes and then open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and turn the Instant Pot to saute, and adjust to less heat. Stir together the corn starch and water and stir into the sauce (you can take the chicken out to do this but it’s not necessary!). Cook and stir until the sauce has thickened, and then turn off.
- Serve chicken immediately over rice, noodles or with a side of veggies.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel