This Crock Pot Beef and Noodles is an easy 6 ingredient dinner that requires little prep time! Rich, creamy and comforting! Step by step recipe video down in the recipe card.
Table of Contents
Today’s 6 Ingredient Supper is one of our favorite meals for fall!
This Crock Pot Beef and Noodles has tender shredded beef and egg noodles in a rich and creamy gravy. It’s fall comfort food made so easy!
In the past, we’ve often served beef roasts with potatoes and a batch of Mom’s Homemade Buns, but this Beef and Noodles recipe might just change us forever!
The egg noodles soak up that creamy sauce so perfectly, and they cook easily and quickly in the slow cooker.
This cozy dinner is now one of our favorite ways to do up a roast, alongside this Instant Pot Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots!
What kind of beef roast is best for this recipe?
In Canada, roast beef cuts are labelled differently than in other countries, including the U.S., so some recipes can be confusing.
In Canada, beef roasts are labelled for one of 3 uses: pot roast, oven roast, and rotisserie roast, which makes it easy to figure out which one you want. Any pot roast roast will be great in this recipe.
I recommend a blade or cross rib roast in Canada, or a chuck roast in the United States.
What if my beef roast is more than 1 pound?
This recipe calls for a (roughly) 1 pound chunk of beef roast. It’s rare that you will get a 1lb roast from the grocery store, but that’s no problem.
While you’ll only need 1lb of beef for this recipe, you can cut any roast into 1lb chunks and cook for the same amount of time, then shred and store the extra in the refrigerator or freezer for another meal.
It’s a great way to meal prep!
How to make Beef and Noodles in the crockpot:
Here is a quick overview and some extra tips! See the detailed recipe down below.
- Start with your beef: Cook low and slow until tender and shreddable — you can do this in the pot or on a cutting board if it’s easier..
- Mix together cream and corn starch, and add to the juices to form the sauce in the crockpot.
- Add the noodles and let cook just until al dente — 15-30 minutes on high depending on the thickness of the pasta.
- Give it a good stir and serve! Don’t forget the crusty bread for dunking in that glorious sauce.
Variations on this Crockpot Beef and Noodles recipe:
- Add in some veggies: traditioanlly, beef and noodles doesn’t have any veggies but you can always add some in! Carrots would do well if added from the beginning, but most vegetables will be overcooked in the time it takes to cook the beef and should be added near the end.
- Bump up the herbs: since this is part of my 6 ingredient suppers series, I stuck to the basics and I can promise you it is not missing anything. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative or tailor this recipe more to your tastes!
- Spice it up: if you like everything on the spicy side, you can always add in some hot peppers or chili flakes to get that kick you desire.
- Swap the noodles for potatoes if you love the creamy sauce but can’t have gluten — be sure to add them at the beginning of the cook time or within the first couple hours for best results.
More ways to use that roast beef you’ll love:
- This Italian Beef is a reader favorite!
- This Instant Pot Beef Stew has a couple secret ingredients that take the flavor to the next level.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast is the easiest Sunday dinner!
- Beef Barley Soup is hearty and freezer friendly.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Crock Pot Beef and Noodles
- 1 lb beef roast blade, cross rib or chunk recommended
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 cups dry egg noodles
- Place roast in a 3-4 quart slow cooker. Add broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until tender.
- Remove beef to a cutting board. Shred with two forks and cover to keep warm.
- Turn crockpot to high.
- Whisk together cream and corn starch and add to the crockpot. Stir well. Stir in noodles — try to press as many down into the liquid as possible.
- Cook for 15-25 minutes on high (depending on the size and thickness of your noodles), stirring once after 10 minutes to check doneness and to ensure noodles cook evenly. Stir in shredded beef and serve.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel