Breakfast Stuffed Peppers with cheese, bacon and spinach (or use whatever fillings you like!) — cook them in the oven or the slow cooker! A great, healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner.
So I know this is going to surprise you but my summer was actually full of pudding pops, homemade ice cream, no-bake desserts and slushy drinks.
As the seasons are changing though I’m starting to think more about back to school (and it’s back to work for my husband who was home for almost 2 months!) and back to Real Life. As in, not Summer Life. Though it would be okay if Summer Life was Real Life.
I just had way too much fun
eating making all of those sweet treats. You know?
But people can’t live off of pudding pops and ice cream and so I’m going to be getting into more Real Life recipes.
So I was making these peppers and the bottom of my peppers were a little uneven — this resulted in a little egg spillage. I would recommend making sure your peppers are snug in the pan so they don’t move and spill too much, or you could even prop them up with little balls of tin foil if you are having trouble filling them!
I would love to hear what your go-to recipes are for the busy weeks ahead!
Breakfast Stuffed Peppers -- Oven or Slow Cooker
- 3 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, green onion, spinach, ½ cup cheese and ham with a whisk until combined.
- Lay your peppers in a lightly greased baking dish (whatever size works -- you want them to be a little snug so they don't move too much and spill). Divide your egg mixture between your peppers and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Line slow cooker with tin foil. Place peppers in slow cooker and fill. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until eggs are set.
** Nutrition information is calculated per half bell pepper.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 164kcal Calories from fat 93|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|