This Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin has a garlic herb rub that gives it INCREDIBLE flavour! Simply cook it in the pressure cooker with some chicken broth or add an easy 4 ingredient honey balsamic glaze to make it extra special. An easy dinner recipe that is healthy, too! Cook from fresh or frozen.
I’m back to the basics this week with this Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin!
If you’re looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes, check out my Instant Pot Pork Chops, Instant Pot Whole Chicken, Instant Pot Pot Roast or How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Check out my Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Honey Balsamic Glaze!
We have always loved pork tenderloin, but we haven’t had much of it lately because it can get a little pricey. Whenever it’s on sale we stock up!
I love that it’s so easy to cook (always tender!) and a great lean source of protein. The garlic herb rub on this tenderloin gives it such incredible flavour, that the honey balsamic glaze is totally optional!
We love sauce on everything, so I wanted to add an easy glaze that’s made right in the Instant Pot on saute after you take the pork out to rest. It only takes a few minutes and 4 ingredients to whip up, and is a nice touch if you’re serving the pork with rice or mashed potatoes.
Tips and Tricks for Making this Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin:
- I have cooked this pork tenderloin partially from frozen for 10 minutes on high pressure and it turns out great. You can absolutely cook pork tenderloin from frozen, but if the exterior of the tenderloin is completely frozen, the rub won’t adhere well, which is why I recommend letting thaw a few hours if possible.
- Pork tenderloin is one of those meats that you can eat medium or medium well, but it’s always best to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. You are looking for around 145-150 degrees F before resting, depending on your tastes.
- You can absolutely cook more than one tenderloin in your Instant Pot — stack them up and it shouldn’t take any longer unless they are frozen right together. Try to stagger them so they do not overlap completely (crisscrossed works great!).
Looking for an easy Instant Pot side dish to serve with it? Try my Instant Pot Mac and Cheese!
Have a pork loin and not a pork tenderloin? Check out this Slow Cooker Pork Loin recipe.
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Rub
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
To Make the Glaze:
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Place trivet in the Instant Pot and add chicken broth and balsamic vinegar.
- Trim silver skin from the side of the tenderloin. Cut in half and place on the trivet in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, parsley, seasoning salt, onion powder and black pepper. Sprinkle half over tenderloin in Instant Pot. Flip and sprinkle remaining seasoning over top.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing. Select Manual, high pressure (the default), and set timer to 7 minutes for fresh pork (10 minutes for partially frozen, or 13 minutes for frozen).
- When the cook time is done, turn the Instant Pot off and let pressure release naturally for 8-10 minutes. Open the lid and remove the trivet with the pork on it and let rest for 5-10 minutes while you make the glaze. Do not drain the liquid.
To Make the Glaze:
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the honey and ketchup. Stir together the water and corn starch and whisk into the Instant Pot. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until thick and bubbly. Taste and adjust seasoning or sweetness to taste.
- Slice tenderloin and serve with glaze as desired.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)