This No Churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream is SO easy — just FIVE ingredients and a few minutes prep. It’s a no bake dessert you can easily customize to your tastes! Includes step by step recipe video
This ice cream just sort of happened one day.
I peered into the fridge one day, scoping out the items that needed be used ASAP, and I stumbled upon a half liter of heavy cream that expired that day.
I really hate throwing out food, and since we’ve got soooooo much extra food laying around here some days, I’ve had to get really creative with the things I freeze. I have frozen just about everything.
The last time I had a bunch of cream set to expire, I whipped it and piped out little rosettes to freeze and add to our hot chocolate throughout the winter. Fun, right?!?
Except that I don’t think I had a single mug of hot chocolate last winter (am I crazy?!?!), so I thought I needed to come up with a better plan this time. Also, JUNE.
Now, let me tell you — I can be a little lazy. Life is crazy, 2 year olds are crazy, work is crazy…. and so: Cheater ice cream (Into cheating? Check out this No Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream and this No Churn Coconut Cream Pie Ice Cream as well!)
I had thought about using this no churn Cookies ‘n’ Cream Ice Cream as my base again, since it is SUCH an awesome recipe — no churning but it has more of a traditional ice cream base, with the eggs and such. It is fantastic.
It would have worked just fine. Perfectly, in fact. But I was lazy. And I thought since summer is officially upon us, that you might be lazy, too. (Am I right??)
If you are not as lazy, and you’re opposed to the whole sweetened condensed milk thing, I recommend going back to that Cookies ‘n’ Cream recipe and using that base — it is so creamy and delicious and relatively easy.
This no churn ice cream recipe is for truly the laziest of lazy people. Yeah, that’s right. I’m not ashamed.
So I had this cream. I opened the cupboard and saw a half-eaten package of Oreos (don’t judge me!). I thought I’d add some unsweetened cocoa powder, because the condensed milk can make the ice cream pretty sweet. Also, chocolate. And then peanut butter, because — PEANUT BUTTER.
You can absolutely open your cupboards and throw in whatever random half-eaten packages of things you have, but I would highly, highly recommend the chocolate-Oreo-peanut butter combo — you won’t regret it!
Watch the recipe video and see how easy it is to make:
No Churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream + Recipe VIDEO
This No Churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream is SO easy -- just FIVE ingredients and a few minutes prep. It's a no bake dessert you can easily customize to your tastes! Includes step by step recipe video
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, combine cream and sweetened condensed milk. With an electric mixer, beat on high until light and fluffy and slightly thickened (about 5 minutes -- see consistency in video).
- Add peanut butter and cocoa powder and beat until soft peaks form (see video for consistency). Stir in cookies.
- Pour into a 1.5-2 quart glass loaf pan or freezer container and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours (NOTE: your ice cream won't have the soft consistency that the ice cream in the photos does -- it will freeze hard. If you want it a softer consistency like shown here, leave at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving).