This No Churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream is SO easy — just FIVE ingredients and a few minutes prep. It’s a no bake dessert you can easily customize to your tastes! Includes step by step recipe video
This ice cream just sort of happened one day.
I peered into the fridge one day, scoping out the items that needed be used ASAP, and I stumbled upon a half liter of heavy cream that expired that day.
I really hate throwing out food, and since we’ve got soooooo much extra food laying around here some days, I’ve had to get really creative with the things I freeze. I have frozen just about everything.
The last time I had a bunch of cream set to expire, I whipped it and piped out little rosettes to freeze and add to our hot chocolate throughout the winter. Fun, right?!?
Except that I don’t think I had a single mug of hot chocolate last winter (am I crazy?!?!), so I thought I needed to come up with a better plan this time. Also, JUNE.
Now, let me tell you — I can be a little lazy. Life is crazy, 2 year olds are crazy, work is crazy…. and so: Cheater ice cream (Into cheating? Check out this No Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream and this No Churn Coconut Cream Pie Ice Cream as well!)
I had thought about using this no churn Cookies ‘n’ Cream Ice Cream as my base again, since it is SUCH an awesome recipe — no churning but it has more of a traditional ice cream base, with the eggs and such. It is fantastic.
It would have worked just fine. Perfectly, in fact. But I was lazy. And I thought since summer is officially upon us, that you might be lazy, too. (Am I right??)
If you are not as lazy, and you’re opposed to the whole sweetened condensed milk thing, I recommend going back to that Cookies ‘n’ Cream recipe and using that base — it is so creamy and delicious and relatively easy.
This no churn ice cream recipe is for truly the laziest of lazy people. Yeah, that’s right. I’m not ashamed.
So I had this cream. I opened the cupboard and saw a half-eaten package of Oreos (don’t judge me!). I thought I’d add some unsweetened cocoa powder, because the condensed milk can make the ice cream pretty sweet. Also, chocolate. And then peanut butter, because — PEANUT BUTTER.
You can absolutely open your cupboards and throw in whatever random half-eaten packages of things you have, but I would highly, highly recommend the chocolate-Oreo-peanut butter combo — you won’t regret it!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Churn Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream + Recipe VIDEO
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream 35%
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, combine cream and sweetened condensed milk. With an electric mixer, beat on high until light and fluffy and slightly thickened (about 5 minutes — see consistency in video).
- Add peanut butter and cocoa powder and beat until soft peaks form (see video for consistency). Stir in cookies.
- Pour into a 1.5-2 quart glass loaf pan or freezer container and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours (NOTE: your ice cream won’t have the soft consistency that the ice cream in the photos does — it will freeze hard. If you want it a softer consistency like shown here, leave at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving).
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel