This Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is decadent and surprisingly easy to make! It’s made with a homemade pie crust, a rich and creamy filling, and a fresh strawberry topping.
*This recipe has received some new photos since its original publish date but is still the same recipe we love!
Table of Contents
I don’t make a lot of pies. So when I do, it has to be good. And this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie did not disappoint.
This dessert looks and tastes fancy, but is surprisingly simple to make. It’s made with a buttery homemade pie crust, a 4-ingredient cream cheese filling, a simple strawberry jam layer, and of course a light and sweet whipped cream topping.
This no-bake dessert is perfect for summer!
- Pie Crust: I like to use my Homemade Pie Crust, but feel free to use your favorite store-bought pie crust if preferred.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream Cheese: regular or light cream cheese will work.
- Powdered Sugar: adds sweetness and gives the pie filling its structure.
- Vanilla: gives the cream cheese filling flavor depth and some extra flavor.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: makes the pie super rich and creamy.
- Strawberries: use fresh, thinly sliced or chopped strawberries.
- Strawberry Juice/Water and Gelatin: gelatin mixed with a liquid gives the strawberry jam topping structure. You can use water or strawberry juice for some extra flavor.
- Strawberry Jam: just use your favorite variety!
- Whipped Cream: I like to whip up my Homemade Whipped Cream for serving.
How to Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
This Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is an insanely decadent dessert that couldn’t be easier to make!
- Prep the pie crust: Press a pie crust into a 9″ pie plate, then place a piece of parchment paper on top. Fill with dried beans or pie weights, prick the bottom and sides with a fork, then bake until light golden-brown. Cool completely.
- Make the filling: Beat the cream cheese until smooth, then mix in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Add in the cream and beat together until thick and fluffy.
- Make the topping: In one bowl, mix together cold juice and gelatin. set aside. In another bowl, combine more juice and jam. Heat in the microwave until very hot but not boiling, then whisk the gelatin mixture in until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble and chill: Spread the filling into the cooled pie crust. Top with sliced strawberries, then pour the cooled gelatin over top. Chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours or until set, then top with whip and serve.
Cream Cheese Pie FAQs
While cheesecake and cream cheese pie do contain some of the same ingredients, they are different! Traditional cheesecake is a baked pie that contains eggs. Cream cheese pie is a no-bake dessert that’s made with cream cheese and powdered sugar, but no eggs. Since cheesecake is baked with eggs, it has more structure. Cream cheese pie is softer and creamier.
I don’t recommend it. Frozen strawberries will thaw and make the pie more watery than fresh strawberries will. Plus, the texture and flavor of fresh strawberries just isn’t quite matched by that of frozen strawberries.
I recommend serving this pie within 24 hours for the freshest berries and firmest crust. However, it will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
I don’t recommend freezing this cream cheese pie. The texture won’t hold up when thawed.
Tips and Notes
- Bring the cream cheese to room temp before whipping it so it becomes extra fluffy and creamy.
- Blind bake the pie crust. Pre-baking the pie crust isn’t totally necessary, but I do recommend it. It crisps the crust up just enough so that it doesn’t become soggy as it sits.
- Cool the crust completely. Be sure that the crust is completely cooled off before you add in the filling. If it’s warm at all the filling will just melt.
- For clean slices, use a clean, sharp knife. Run it under hot water, dry it completely, then slice. Repeat between slices for clean cuts every time.
- Chopping the strawberries: The larger strawberry slices pictured look really pretty but do make the pie a little bit more difficult to slice. If you want to chop the strawberries into smaller pieces so it’s easier to slice, feel free.
- Swap the berries. This cream cheese pie works great with pretty much any berry you like. Try raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, or even mixed berries.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
Cream Cheese Filling
- 375 grams cream cheese (1 ½ packages, 12oz – regular or light)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar (160 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb strawberries thinly slice or chopped
- 3/4 cup cold strawberry juice* (or another red juice) divided
- 1 package unflavored gelatin 7g
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- whipped cream to serve if desired
- Homemade Whipped Cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and press pie crust into a 9″ pie plate. Crimp the edges as desired.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the pie crust and fill with dried beans or pie weights. (optional: if not available, simply prick the bottom and sides with a fork all over)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are light golden brown. Remove the parchment and pie weights and continue baking another 4-5 minutes until the bottom is light golden brown. Set on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Add the cream and beat on low until incorporated, then beat with an electric mixer on high speed until thick and fluffy. Set aside.
- Place ½ cup cold juice in a medium bowl. Sprinkle entire package of gelatin over the top and set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining juice and jam. Heat in the microwave on high for 45 to 90 seconds, until very hot but not boiling.
- Whisk into the gelatin until dissolved and set aside for 15-20 minutes until it reaches room temperature (you can use the fridge to speed things up if you need).
- Spread cream cheese filling into cooled pie crust.
- Top with strawberries, then carefully pour the cooled gelatin mixture over the strawberries to fill the crust (if you don’t use it all, it’s okay!).
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours until completely set. Top with whipped cream if desired and serve.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel