This Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie is made with a no bake cheesecake filling, a homemade pumpkin pudding and topped with whipped cream!
Table of Contents
Friends — this was my first ever pumpkin pie recipe on The Recipe Rebel!
Can you believe it?
I first posted this recipe in September 2016, so it was definitely due for a refresh! I’m a little late for Canadian Thanksgiving but just in time for my American friends.
If you’re looking for a fun twist on your holiday pumpkin pie recipe, this is it!
I will admit again (as I’ve admitted before) — it’s the hubs who is the pumpkin fanatic.
I have made some fantastic pumpkin desserts in the past (like this Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe, Easy Pumpkin Pudding Cake, or Pumpkin Caramel Pecan Naked Cake!) but I think this one takes the cake.
Takes the pie? 😉
Because it’s so classic, but it has a fun little surprise hiding underneath.
And cheesecake surprises are the best kind 😉
- The crust: you can go store bought, you can go graham cracker, or you can go all out homemade. I’ve included my favorite homemade pie crust recipe down in the recipe card, but I’ll absolutely cheat if I have to and use a refrigerated rolled pie crust. You do what you gotta do!
- The cream cheese layer: this one is simple, just mix everything up until it’s smooth! Be sure to start with room temperature cream cheese and beat that first on its own, and then add in everything else.
- The pumpkin layer: I’ve made this as simple as possible, by stirring everything together well and then cooking at once. Be sure to whisk constantly so you don’t end up with lumps!
- Because I used a no bake (though you do have to cook it on the stove) pumpkin pudding, you can easily swap the traditional pie crust for a graham cracker crust and have a completely no bake pumpkin pie. Pretty cool, right??
- If you can find store bought tart shells in the freezer section of your grocery store, you could also make these into Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie tarts, for a fun and more portable treat!
- You could also stir in some melted chocolate or even white chocolate to your cheesecake layer, making it chocolate pumpkin pie!
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Easy Coconut Cream Pie recipe
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie recipe
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cold, cubed
- 3-4 tbsp ice water
Cream Cheese Layer
- 16 oz light cream cheese room temperature (2 8oz or 250g packages)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Pumpkin Pudding Layer
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk or cream
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice to your tastes
- Whipped cream
- Pie Crust: Combine flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter (or use your hands!) until crumbly. Stir in 2-3 tbsp ice water and mix with your hands until dough comes together in a ball, adding in additional ice water if necessary.
- Form in a disc and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough to larger than the pie plate you're baking it in. Place in pie plate, press down and trim the edges. Use a fork to poke holes all across the bottom and around the edges to prevent puffing.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and set aside to cool.
- Cream Cheese Layer: In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Spread over cooled crust and refrigerate.
- Pumpkin Pudding Layer: In a medium saucepan, combine pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, corn starch, and pie spice with a whisk until completely smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until noticeably thickened thickened (mixture is pretty thick to begin with) — about 6-8 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before spreading over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 6 hours, overnight is preferable.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel