This Slow Cooker Honey Lemon Chicken is a little sweet, a little tangy and perfect over rice or noodles! It’s an easy crockpot meal for those busy days! Includes step by step recipe video.
To be totally honest, I didn’t think I liked lemon chicken until I stumbled across the recipe for this Baked Honey Lemon Chicken in one of my Grandma’s old recipe books.
It sounded interesting, so I thought I’d give it a try and I became obsessed. It is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and savory and I think it’s even better than what I’ve had in restaurants! (And in case you’re looking for more honey lemon love, it is what inspired this Honey Lemon Chicken and Potato Skillet!)
Clearly, it was time for a revisit and a new twist: a slow cooker twist. It was destined to happen!
One of my favorite ways to revamp recipes is to adapt for the slow cooker or crockpot, or update a slow cooker recipe by adding a one pot version. Because we are all about easy these days (really, ever since our first daughter arrived more than 5 years ago), and so I figure having more options for different kinds of easy is one of the best ways to help us all out.
I would love to hear what your favorite hacks are for getting meals on the table quickly! Leave me a comment below and let me know 🙂
Tips and Tricks for Making this Slow Cooker Honey Lemon Chicken:
- The great thing about cooking chicken in the slow cooker is that it doesn’t take too long, and so the sauce can hold onto a lot of its flavor. If you find that the flavors have dulled after cooking for several hours, try adding some fresh lemon zest to brighten it up before serving.
- We love this Honey Lemon Chicken served over rice best, but it’s also great over noodles or mashed potatoes, or just with a side of steamed or roasted vegetables! The options are endless.
- Don’t have a slow cooker? You can absolutely cook this up in a large pot on the stove top in a fraction of the time. It will be just as good!
- Taste the sauce after cooking to adjust the seasonings. If you think it needs a little more oomph, add a teaspoon of fresh lemon zest!
Watch the recipe video and see how easy it is to make:
Slow Cooker Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe + VIDEO
This Slow Cooker Honey Lemon Chicken is a little sweet, a little tangy and perfect over rice or noodles! It's an easy crockpot meal for those busy days! Includes step by step recipe video.
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1lb or 450g), cut into 1" pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, optional
- In a 2.5-4 quart slow cooker, combine broth, honey, juice, soy sauce, salt, pepper and corn starch with a whisk until combined. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- If sauce is thin, mix another 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon corn starch and stir into the sauce to thicken further. If desired, adjust seasonings and add lemon zest if desired (it will make it very lemony!).
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 237 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|