Honey Lemon Chicken and Potato Skillet: chicken and potatoes are cooked together in one skillet, then simmered in an easy homemade honey lemon sauce, ready in 30 minutes!
It’s my favorite day of the month again: 30 Minute Thursday!
Friends, I need these 30 minute meals. Trust me.
Today was just one of Those Days. You know?
I set the timer on the microwave for 30 minutes when I was going to start making this chicken and potato skillet. I’ve been dreaming up variations of this Baked Honey Lemon Chicken ever since, and I knew I wanted to do a quicker version made on the stove top. I figured if I could add some veggies I could turn it into a complete meal, which is basically the most perfect thing in my mind.
So about 10 minutes in, I have my chicken and potatoes in the skillet and my kids (1 and almost 4) are upstairs playing in my oldest girl’s bedroom. My littlest girl (15 months) can easily go up and down the stairs on her own so we let her roam free, and my oldest girl is pretty good at keeping an eye out for her.
But then I hear a thump.
And I leave everything on the stove and run up to console my littlest girl who has just fallen off the bed where they were playing. And continue cooking with her on my hip.
Moms of toddlers, I know you know what I’m talking about. Cooking with only one free hand is not the easiest thing! But we made it, and I shut the stove off at 28 minutes and high-fived myself.
What I love most about these 30 minute meals? Most of the time I’m talking 30 minutes plus active baby-rescuing-owie-kissing-time, which means someone with the freedom to cook alone in the kitchen will have no problem.
This skillet is quite saucy — we like sauce! If you just want enough to thinly coat your chicken and veg, you can likely reduce the amounts by half.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
30 Minute Honey Lemon Chicken and Potato Skillet
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 pound potatoes thinly sliced (about 3 cups sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup frozen vegetables of choice I used green beans, snap peas and carrots
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until just browned on the outside (2-3 minutes)
- Add potatoes, stir, cover and cook while you prepare the sauce (about 5 minutes).
- Combine butter, garlic, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, chicken broth and corn starch with a whisk. Stir into chicken and potatoes. Cook another 8-10 minutes over medium heat, covered, until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in vegetables. Cover and turn off heat, waiting 2-3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel