This Slow Cooker Honey Glaze Ham is the perfect main course for a holiday dinner! Made with aromatic seasonings, sweet honey, and a secret ingredient, this juicy ham is irresistibly good! 😉
Table of Contents
So I hope by now you understand my undying love for my Slow Cooker, as well as my unwavering commitment to bring you incredible recipes with minimal dishes.
This Honey Glazed Ham is one of my favorites.
It makes mealtime around the holidays so easy, and everyone will be impressed by the sweet and spiced flavors!
What I love about this ham is that while it tastes and looks fancy enough for a main dish at a dinner party or at a holiday dinner, it isn’t too difficult for a weeknight dinner or Sunday supper!
You can easily dress it up or down as you wish with some delicious side dishes.
I am not usually a big fan of mustard or ground cloves, but they pair so well with ham, and I added just enough to give it that extra layer of flavor without overpowering the ham!
Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your tastes, and experiment with the type of soda or juice used.
- Ham: I used a fully cooked, boneless ham. You can also use a fully cooked, bone-in ham but because it is larger it will take longer to warm through.
- Ginger Ale Soda: helps to keep the ham moist while also adding an amazing spiced flavor. Don’t knock it til you try it!
- Honey: adds sweetness, but you could use maple syrup if you prefer.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: balances the saltiness of the glaze while adding a mild fruity flavor.
- Corn Starch: helps thicken the glaze.
- Seasoning: freshly minced garlic, ground mustard, ground cloves, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper pack a ton of flavor into this dish.
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make! Full instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- Stir together the glaze: Combine ingredients for the glaze and whisk until smooth.
- Cook ham in glaze mix: Put the ham in the slow cooker, and pour the glaze mixture over it. Cover and cook until heated through.
- Slice and serve: Taste and adjust seasonings. Slice and serve with extra glaze from the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Ham with Honey Glaze FAQs
Depending on how many side dishes you have on the menu, you should plan on about ¼-½ pound of ham per person per portion. You will probably need less for feeding children, but on the higher end for adults, and don’t forget to calculate for seconds!
Ginger ale won’t remove salt from the ham. Ginger ale is made with ginger, sugar, and carbonated water, so it will add sweetness, flavor, and moisture to your ham and help it become tender.
Store leftover ham in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Allow it to cool to room temperature before putting it in the fridge.
Absolutely! Store the ham once it has completely cooled in a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 1 month. Allow the ham to defrost before reheating and reusing it.
Tips and Notes
- Slow Cooker Liners. I love using slow cooker liners to minimize the cleanup, so there’s no scrubbing the slow cooker after dinner. Simply cook your meal, then toss the bag in the bin when you’re done!
- Leftover Ham. There are so many delicious Leftover Ham Recipes you can try, so don’t worry if you’re making too much for one meal!
Crock Pot Honey Glaze Ham Variations
- Use a different soda. You can try this ham glaze with a different kind of soda to change the flavor, or even a mixture of soda and fruit juice. Try using Sprite and orange juice, pineapple soda, tropical soda, apple juice, or cranberry juice!
- Add fruit. Pineapple slices and pineapple juice are great additions here, and work well to balance out the sweetness with a bit of tropical flavor.
- Ground Mustard. The best substitute for ground mustard is Dijon mustard, if you have it. Use ½ a tablespoon of Dijon mustard instead of ½ a teaspoon of ground mustard.
Serve your favorite side dishes with this tender ham for a complete meal the whole family will love.
Don’t forget my Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider for the holidays, and try some amazing Thanksgiving desserts like my Cranberry Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting, Crème Brûlée Recipe, or this Frozen Pumpkin Dessert!
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes To Try
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham
- 1.7 kg fully cooked ham* about 3.75 pounds
- 355 ml can Ginger Ale soda about 1.5 cups
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Place the ham in a 4-6-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine soda, honey, vinegar, water, cornstarch, garlic, mustard, cloves, salt, and pepper, and whisk until smooth. Pour it over the top of the ham in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-8 hours (or until heated through).
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Slice and serve with the remaining glaze from the slow cooker.
** Optional: You can slice the ham before adding it to the slow cooker so that it’s all ready for guests to dig in!
- Store: Store leftover ham in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Allow it to cool to room temperature before putting it in the fridge.
- Freeze: Store the ham once it has completely cooled in a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 1 month. Allow the ham to defrost before reheating and reusing it.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel