This Slow Cooker Creamy Vegetable Soup is a hearty, healthy meal in one — made so easy with the crockpot! It’s low in calories but BIG in flavor! Includes how to recipe video
I know, I know — it’s March. I should probably be posting grilling recipes by now, or if not at the very least St. Patrick’s Day, Easter and Mother’s Day.
But I’m still hung up on soup.
Do we need more examples??
I don’t know about you, but I love soup — and it’s the perfect winter meal! It’s also one of the only ways that I get a ton of veggies in my diet and enjoy eating them.
But I also love a good thick soup that’s rich and creamy (and I think you do, too, because this Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Stew has been going positively nuts!). And that’s where this Vegetable Soup comes in.
Looking for more easy crockpot recipes? Check out these Dump ‘n’ Go Slow Cooker Recipes!
I stuck with my favorite veggies in this one — carrots, peas, potatoes (I used Little Potatoes because they’re so creamy) — and I threw in a couple extra for good measure — spinach, green beans and celery. One of the best things about soup (for me, anyways) is how the flavors all meld together after such a long time cooking together, which is why I love cooking them in the slow cooker!
Soups also freeze great, so you can make a large batch and munch on it all week long, or fill some freezer containers to enjoy later when life is a little more hectic. I know I never regret throwing extra food in the freezer!
Feel free to mix up the vegetables with your favorites — mushrooms, leeks, peppers, kale, add in different spices — go nuts!
See how easy it is to make:
*This post is generously sponsored by The Little Potato Company — thank you for supporting brands that keep The Recipe Rebel going!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Slow Cooker Creamy Vegetable Soup + RECIPE VIDEO
- .75 lb Little Potatoes, diced 1/2 bag
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup evaporated milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic, pepper and bay leaves to 3-4 quart slow cooker (OPTIONAL: sauté vegetables and seasoning in 2 tablespoons oil before adding to slow cooker). Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Add corn, peas, and beans. Stir together milk or cream and corn starch and add to the slow cooker. Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes – 1 hour, until vegetables are heated through and soup is slightly thickened. Stir in spinach and season to taste.
**Nutrition information is estimated and will vary depending on exact serving size, types and brands of products used.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel