This Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes is an easy dinner idea that is full of flavor! With just a few ingredients and a few minutes prep. Includes step by step video.
Table of Contents
These days, getting a healthy dinner on the table that my kids will eat without a lot of prep time can be a struggle.
It seems nearly impossible with all the changes that are happening in the world, in the schools, in our homes, and in our local communities this year, and we are definitely turning to easy meals to ease some of the load.
This Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes is a hit for several reasons:
The parents love it because:
- it is so quick to prep — just 5 minutes and it’s into the oven!
- it’s a balanced meal on one pan and everything cooks at the same time
- it covers a lot of bases — protein from the sausage, fibre, potassium and other important vitamins and minerals in our favorite Little potatoes (I used the Blushing Belle for this recipe, but any varietal will work!), and tons of good stuff in all those other vegetables
- there are no hard and fast rules — which means we can use up things that are on the verge of spoiling and reduce our food waste
The kids love it because:
- it’s packed with flavor — there are minimal seasonings, but as the sausages cook and release their juices they add so much flavor to everything else!
- there’s little clean up — since our two oldest girls are on Dish Duty, they appreciate a one pan meal as much as the rest of us!
- it’s neutral in flavor but well-seasoned, which means they can dunk their sausage and potatoes in a condiment of their choosing as they wish (and they are big on condiments!)
Variations on this Sausage and Potatoes:
- Swap out the potatoes for any of the Little potatoes — you can even sub in a microwave or oven ready pack and use the seasoning pack in lieu of the spices below.
- Swap out the Italian sausage for another variety: turkey or chicken Italian sausage, or smoked sausages also work great in this recipe!
- Swap out the veggies for other veggies you love roasted — just be sure they cook in about the same amount of time! Broccoli, green beans, carrots and zucchini are all great options.
- Adjust the seasoning to your tastes: try a Cajun blend, or another spice rub you’ve got sitting in your cupboard that doesn’t get enough use. The sausage and potatoes pair well with a variety of flavors!
- Sprinkle with some shredded cheese and pop back in the oven to melt before serving. Cheese is always a good idea in our house!
More easy dinner ideas you’ll love!
- Caprese Chicken and Potatoes
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Instant Pot Corn Chowder
- Italian Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes
This post has been generously sponsored by The Little Potato Company and I was compensated for my time spent creating this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Recipe Rebel possible!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 lb Little potatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1" chunks
- 150 grams green beans about 1 cup
- 1/2 red onion cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 raw Italian sausage links mild or spicy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
- Add potatoes, pepper, beans, and onion to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Stir to coat.
- Spread vegetables on baking sheet. Place Italian sausages on sheet pan, arranging vegetables so everything is in a single layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until sausages and potatoes are cooked through (sausages should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F).
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel