This Praline-Glazed Apple Bundt Cake is SO moist and loaded with apples and pecans, then smothered in a praline glaze — a great fall dessert, perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Recipe was first posted on The Recipe Critic.
I’m currently sitting here wondering why I have never posted a bundt cake recipe here on The Recipe Rebel.
I guess maybe because I try not to post too many recipes that use specialty kitchen tools or pans, or maybe because on most days I just can’t bear to wait for 50 minutes for a cake in the oven (tell me I’m not the only one!).
Whatever the reason, it’s not going to stop me now. This Praline-Glazed Apple Bundt Cake is my go-to fall dessert from now on.
I love apple desserts because we can get pretty good, reasonably priced apples here (and in most places) year round, and because when I asked my Facebook group about their favorite holiday dessert combinations, apple and cinnamon was #1 (can you believe it?! I was stunned!), so I was pretty sure this one would be a hit.
Plus, the brown sugar praline glaze smothered alllllll over it doesn’t hurt.
And just as (okay, almost) as exciting as praline glaze is that I shared this recipe over on The Recipe Critic earlier and I’m going to be contributing to her site on a regular basis! If you guys don’t follow Alyssa, you need to because you will love her recipes!
- The first time I made this recipe, it needed a little more sugar and a little more moisture. So I know that 1 cup oil and 2 cups sugar sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that this is a big cake and can feed a lot of people — you won’t regret it!
- Also, I will admit that I was planning to use applesauce instead of the sour cream in this recipe, BUT I didn’t have any. Wait that’s a lie, I had a container in the fridge that was moldy. So, as you can imagine, I opted for sour cream! I would think that you could substitute applesauce for the sour cream and it would work just as well (but I haven’t tested this theory, so don’t get mad at me if it doesn’t work).
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Praline-Glazed Apple Bundt Cake
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 apples finely chopped
- 1 apple shredded
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Add brown sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and whisk until combined. Stir in flour just until combined. Stir in chopped and shredded apples and 1 cup pecans.
- Pour into greased bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- GlazeIn a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted. Stir in powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. Let cool 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly before pouring over cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup pecans.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel