This Peanut Butter Pie is completely no bake and made with a chocolate Oreo crust, peanut butter cream cheese filling, and topped with more chocolate! Step by step recipe video down below.
Table of Contents
This Peanut Butter Pie has been a long time coming.
But it’s the kind of recipe that I know we are all going to obsess over here, that is just as amazing in the summer as it is in the winter, and I guarantee you will be the first one gone at any holiday potluck.
I always figured, you know, what’s so hard about sticking peanut butter, cream cheese and and cream together and whipping them up?
Anyone can do that.
And yet here I am today, doing it.
Just because I want to! (Sometimes, running your own corner of the internet is pretty swell 😉 )
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is simple to throw together. It’s light and fluffy and creamy, and just sweet enough (the saltiness of the peanuts balances the chocolate perfectly!).
You’re going to want to add it to your repertoire soon!
- It’s totally no bake! This makes it the perfect easy dessert to whip up for a holiday party or a summer treat (spoiler: it’s even great frozen!)
- Peanut butter
- Cream cheese
- Do I really have to say anything else? These are pretty much my 3 favorite things in the universe. Combine them all into one no bake dessert?! My dreams all just came true.
- Start with your crust: just chocolate cookie crumbs and some melted butter! I buy the chocolate baking crumbs whenever I can find them because they make recipes like this so easy — no need to bust out the food processor!
- Whip up the filling: always make sure your cream cheese is room temperature and beat it first until smooth to ensure there are not lumps! From there, add in your remaining ingredients and whip until light and fluffy (it can take some time, so don’t give up!)
- Let chill (for a good long time – no cheating!) and then top! Do it up as I’ve done below, or make your own rules! Anything chocolatey or peanut buttery goes here on this Peanut Butter Pie, so go a little nuts (no pun intended) if you like 😉
- Chocolate chocolate peanut butter pie: Add in a tablespoon of cocoa powder or some melted chocolate to the filling for even more chocolate!
- No chocolate peanut butter pie: Swap the chocolate crumbs for graham crumbs if you love peanut butter minus the chocolate.
- Peanut butter marshmallow pie: Add in a big scoop or two of marshmallow fluff when beating your filling.
- Frozen peanut butter pie: throw it in the freezer! It’s just as good frozen, you may just want to let it sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Keep it in the refrigerator:
You can keep this Peanut Butter Pie in the refrigerator for 5-6 days, provided your dairy products were fresh when you started.
However, I can guarantee you it won’t last that long 😉
Keep it in the freezer:
You can freeze this Peanut Butter Pie and serve it completely frozen if you prefer, or thaw partially or completely.
Simply leave the whipped cream off until serving, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months before serving.
If thawing to serve, thaw just before serving as the crust will get softer the longer it sits after freezing.
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – perfectly chewy and never cakey!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies — just as good as the one above, but no oats 😉
- No Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Square Cheesecake — a showstopper you need to see!
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake on a Pretzel Crust — another sweet and salty combo!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate baking crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 package cream cheese room temperature, 8oz or 250g
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream 30% fat or higher, cold
- Stir together the chocolate baking crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 8 or 9" pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and sugar and beat until combined.
- Add the cream and beat on low until incorporated, then beat on high until thickened and fluffy.
- Spread into prepared crust and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream, peanut butter drizzle, chocolate shavings and chopped peanuts or as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel