These Chocolate Crunch Bars are a no bake dessert that comes together in minutes! Chewy, fudgy, and crunchy, they’re sure to be a family favorite!
Chewy, chocolatey deliciousness!
These No Bake Crunch Bars are not a copycat of the Nestle Crunch Bars (although I do love those as well!).
This recipe is another one from my Grandma’s church cookbook.
Sometimes I feel like I spent so much time scouring the internet for new and exciting recipes, that I don’t take enough time to treasure the recipes I grew up with.
Sometimes those are the best recipes.
I just love a good no-bake recipe. I think it’s safe to say that everybody loves a good no-bake recipe.
These bars are so perfectly chewy, with a bit of crunch and texture from the oats, coconut and rice krispies. The layer of chocolate on top makes them totally indulgent and ultra fudgy!
Variations on these Crunch Bars:
- You can use dark or milk chocolate, depending on your preferences. I usually use semisweet, because it’s what I have the most of around here, but you can go more or less sweet, as you prefer! Even white chocolate would be great in these!
- You can easily make these gluten free by using certified gluten free oats and gluten free rice cereal, or another similar cereal, or even sub in more oats.
- The ratio of coconut to oats to Rice Krispies doesn’t matter that much, so if you prefer one over the other, or if you want to leave out the coconut (for example), just bump up the other two to fill in the gap.
- What does matter is the ratio of dry ingredients to “glue” — the butter, marshmallows and chocolate. Don’t mess with that one!
More easy no bake bars:
- Nanaimo Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Mint Chocolate Bars
- Better No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
*This recipe and post has been updated since the original in January 2015
No Bake Crunch Bars
- 3/4 cup hard margarine or butter divided
- 8 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup large flake oatmeal
- Melt together ¼ cup margarine and 4 cups marshmallows. Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips until melted. Stir in coconut, Rice Krispies, and oatmeal.
- Press into a 9x13" pan that's lined with tin foil (to save on washing!) and sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Melt together remaining margarine, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Spread on top of coconut layer. Set aside to set completely (I like to leave it in the fridge).
- They are fine sitting at room temperature, but I like to store them in the refrigerator or freezer so they don't get too soft and stick together.