One ingredient makes these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars BETTER than all the rest! They taste just like Reese’s and are highly addictive!
I know. You think I shouldn’t be making such big claims.
But here’s the thing: these are better.
There’s nothing wrong with the classic No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars recipe that everyone has, with graham cracker crumbs, but with one simple switch you can have even better Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars: crushed vanilla wafer cookies.
This is one recipe that I made long, long ago, and made often, and then kind of forgot about it as I started experimenting more and stopped making recipes more than once or twice. But there are just certain recipes you need in your repertoire.
The best Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The best Double Chocolate Cookies.
The best Classic Banana Bread.
You shouldn’t have to live your life without them! And to add to my collection of perfect, classic recipes: Better No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars! Make ’em. 🙂
See how easy they are to make!
Better No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
One ingredient makes these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars BETTER than all the rest! They taste just like Reese's and are highly addictive!
- 25 vanilla wafer cookies (or about 275g)
- 2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter (I use light)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- In a food processor, add wafer cookies and process until ground. Add powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter and process until smooth.
- Spread into a 9x13" pan lined with tin foil. Set in the freezer to firm up while you melt the chocolate.
- Combine chocolate chips and milk and microwave on high in 30-45 second intervals, stirring each time, just until the chocolate is melted (don't overdue it!). I did 45 seconds, 30 seconds, 20 seconds and it was perfect.
- Spread evenly over bars and refrigerate until firm (you can put them in the freezer if you're in a hurry!). Slice into bars and serve. I recommend storing in the fridge or freezer.
*This is an easy recipe to halve if a 9x13" pan is too large or too much temptation!
More no bake bars!
No Bake Millionaires Shortbread Bars from Savory Nothings
No Bake S’mores Bars from Crazy for Crust
No Bake Nutella Bars from The Gunny Sack