This recipe for Frosted Funfetti Blondies is a KEEPER! They are dense and fudgy and loaded with sprinkles, then topped with a creamy buttercream frosting — perfect for birthdays or parties!
Recipe first posted on RecipeGirl.com
One of my favorite parts about this crazy food blogging world is the opportunity to get to know and collaborate with people from all over that I would never have met otherwise. I don’t think there is any other job like it in the world!
So, in case you didn’t notice, I’ve joined the team over at RecipeGirl as a contributor to her Bars and Squares category, and let’s just say my husband isn’t mad about it.
I love baking cookies and bars because they are just as good the next day, or the next week, or the next month out of the freezer. They last better than any other baking, the texture doesn’t change, and you can make a huge batch and save for later, easily grabbing one or two at a time (or, if you’re me, 4 or 5).
So when I was set to post my first recipe (these Funfetti Frosted Blondies!) on September 24, I knew there were going to be sprinkles. It was, after all, my birthday! I am getting ever so close to that 3-0 mark and I’m going to need all the sprinkles and frosting to console myself.
I’m actually not mad about it though. When I look at what has happened in the last 10 years, I think it’s pretty amazing, and I definitely don’t want to be where I was 10 years ago (except I would maybe consider returning to my pre-baby body!), so I’m okay with aging. I mean, at least for now 😉
- Because they are so freezer-friendly, I made a big batch in a 9×13″ pan. They are perfect for saving for unexpected guests or quick treats for school lunches!
- I love storing them up in these giant Rubbermaid containers — they stack up well in the freezer and are easy to get at!
- You can mix up the colors of sprinkles to suit any occasion — CHristmas, birthdays, sports events — whatever you like!
Frosted Funfetti Blondies
This recipe for Frosted Funfetti Blondies is a KEEPER! They are dense and fudgy and loaded with sprinkles, then topped with a creamy buttercream frosting -- perfect for birthdays or parties!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup large sprinkles (they won't dissolve as quickly in the batter as the small ones)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13" pan with tin foil and spray with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar and whisk until smooth. Add egg and whisk until combined. Add vanilla, salt, and flour and stir just until combined. Stir in sprinkles.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk and beat until smooth. If desired, add a little more milk or sugar to reach desired consistency. Stir in sprinkles and spread over cooled bars.