This Easy Orange Chicken Recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family! It’s sweet and tangy, and coated in a sticky homemade orange sauce that is perfect over rice! Forget the takeout — this Orange Chicken is ready in just 30 minutes with one pan!
This Orange Chicken recipe you guys…. it’s so easy, you can delete the contact info for your favorite takeout place from your phone 😉
Life is a little crazy around here at the moment. Our girls are 6, 3.5, and 6 months, and they are just not slowing down. They’re all in such different stages that it makes things very interesting!
Our 6 year old is wrapping up Kindergarten and getting ready for grade 1 (after a long summer off and lots of naps!), our 3 year old is getting ready to start Nursery school in the fall (and has this energy you guys… I don’t know where she gets it. If she ever starts drinking any sort of caffeine — look out). And our 6 month old wants so badly to be on the move, and I’m sure she’ll get there before we know it.
So easy 30 minute meals like this Orange Chicken? ESSENTIAL.
Cook up some instant rice (I’ll be honest, I mostly gave up on long grain rice quite a while ago), throw some veggies on the table (my girls prefer them raw!), and you’re set.
How to Make this Easy Orange Chicken Recipe:
- This Orange Chicken recipe is naturally gluten-free, but be sure to check all labels carefully, especially the soy sauce.
- This Orange Chicken is naturally dairy-free, but again, be sure to read all labels.
- This recipe can easily be adapted for the oven or the slow cooker as well! To bake in the oven, follow the method outlined in this Baked Honey Lemon Chicken recipe. To make in the slow cooker, see instructions below.
How to make Crockpot Orange Chicken:
- Coat and brown the chicken in a frying pan according to the original instructions.
- Add the chicken and the sauce mixture to the crockpot, and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. It couldn’t be easier!
- This is a great way to prepare orange chicken for a potluck because it is so easy to keep warm without overcooking. And I guarantee it will be one of the first things to disappear!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Easy Orange Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons corn starch, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add oil.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook over high heat, turning once, just until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Whisk together the marmalade, juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons corn starch, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes.
- Once chicken is browned, reduce heat to medium and add the sauce. Cook and stir until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F minimum), about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel