This BBQ Philly Cheesesteak Pizza is made with homemade pizza dough, bbq sauce, thinly sliced beef, sauteed peppers and onions and topped with cheese! It’s a fun way to change up pizza night!
Table of Contents
Pizza night is my favourite night.
We love making a double or even triple batch of this Easy Pizza Dough and doing up a bunch of pizza!
Since our kids love it in their lunches, I just wrap the leftover slices individually and we can pull them out for crazy mornings.
This Philly Cheesesteak Pizza is so quick to throw together once the dough is made (or use store bought if you need!), and it disappears almost as quickly!
Ingredients in this Philly Cheesesteak Pizza:
- Pizza Dough: I pretty much always use this Easy Pizza Dough, but there are times whenI need a shortcut and we grab some from one of our favorite bakeries. Homemade or store bought, we don’t judge!
- Green peppers and onions: I like to saute my onions and peppers first to make sure they aren’t going to be too crunchy — it always builds flavor and even adds a bit of sweetness to the onions and mellows the flavor. You can skip this step if you like a lot of crunch (and raw peppers and onions!)
- BBQ sauce: use your favorite! You can swap this for traditional red pizza sauce if you prefer, but we love the barbecue flavor on this one
- Thinly sliced deli roast beef: I love using deli meat for quick meals! No pre-cooking, no slicing, just throw it on and you’re good to go. You can use leftover roast beef or cooked ground beef if you prefer
- Shredded cheese: use mozzarella, cheddar, or your favorite pizza blend! We usually opt for mozzarella or a mix of both. You can even use sliced provolone if you want to take things up a notch.
More pizza recipes you’ll love!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
BBQ Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- 1 recipe Easy Pizza Dough
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1/2 medium onion sliced (I used red)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150 grams sliced deli roast beef (or roughly 1 ½ – 2 cups)
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce of choice
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipe and roll out to fit a 15" pizza pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small pan, sauté peppers and onions with oil for 5-8 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Top crust with barbecue sauce, then beef, peppers and onions, and cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until crust is golden on the bottom and cheese is melted. Broil cheese 1-2 minutes if desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel