Bacon, beef, barbecue sauce and cheese stuffed into a wonton wrapper and baked until crispy — the perfect finger food for game day or any party!
Mini food is always better, right?
Since my Pepperoni Pizza Cupcakes have been so popular, I’ve been dreaming up all kinds of things to stuff into wonton wrappers. And you can just never go wrong with crispy, cheesy little pockets of bacon, beef, and barbecue sauce. Am I right or am I right?
I like to think that these are a healthier option for those times you’re craving that big juicy bacon cheeseburger, and they are! As long as you can resist shovelling the whole batch into your mouth as soon as they pop out of the oven. Not that anyone I know would actually do that…
How do you guys eat your hamburgers? I have to admit, I’m kind of a plain Jane. I like meat, and bun, and sauce, as long as it’s only ketchup or barbecue sauce and nothing else (mayo? No thanks). And please, please, please don’t forget my pickles.
I remember when I was little, and my older sister and my cousin were babysitting me at home, they tried to get me to eat a forkful of relish, telling me that relish and pickles are the same thing. I am pretty sure I won that one, absolutely refusing to try it until they finally left me alone.
It’s one of those things (one of the many things) that I absolutely swear I do not like, but have never tried. Just give me my pickles and let me be.
So I’m wondering, where are you guys at with your burger toppings? Are you a plain Jane? Relish or pickles or — gasp — both?? Load it with lettuce and veggies or keep it simple?
One thing I love about these is that once you grab them from the oven, you can load them up with your favorite burger toppings, and everyone can make theirs the way they like it. The perfect party food! Serve them with a bar of burger toppings and everyone will be happy.
As long as you don’t forget the pickles.
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Cupcakes
- 1 package wonton wrappers (about 2.5-3 inches across)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, diced and cooked until crisp
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups cheese, divided (whatever you like on your burgers!)
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, pickles, mustard, mayo, tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium pan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until browned.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon, ketchup and barbecue sauce. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Spray 2 muffin pans with non stick spray. Place one wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin cup. Place another wonton wrapper on top, turning so that the long edges are staggered (so that your muffin cup is lined completely by the wonton wrappers). Place about 1-2 tablespoons of beef mixture into each wonton cup. You should fill 18-24 wontons with beef mixture, depending on how full you fill them.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and edges of the wonton are crispy and golden brown. Let sit at least 5 minutes before serving (they're very hot inside!). Feel free to garnish with your favorite burger toppings!
Need a visual for how to make them? Check out my pepperoni pizza cupcakes VIDEO on Youtube!
Some ways to use up your leftover wonton wrappers!
Strawberry Bruschetta with Cinnamon Sugar Wonton Chips from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Spicy Baked Chicken Cream Cheese Wontons from Cooking and Beer
10 Minute Wonton Soup from The Food Charlatan