Super crispy roasted potatoes that are perfect every time with NO flipping or fussing! The only way I make roasted potatoes!
I’m just a potato kind of girl. My parents were potato kind of people so I guess that’s where I get it. I know in 2014 I’m supposed to be swapping white potatoes for sweet potatoes, or quinoa, or bulgur, or lentils, but this girl just isn’t there yet.
I’ll have you know, aside from the bulgur, I have cooked and eaten each one of those things more than willingly. But sometimes there’s nothing that can replace a potato roasting in a pan of butter and your favorite seasonings until golden and crisp.
This is another recipe that found me early on in my Pinterest days. Speaking of the early days, I can remember scoffing at Pinterest addicts, thinking the whole idea was kind of ridiculous. It was only when one of my sister’s showed me the things she had found on Pinterest that I had asked her for an invite (but I mean, how lame in the first place that someone has to seek out an invitation?). It wasn’t long before it was a full-blown addiction. It was on Pinterest that I discovered food blogging was a Real Thing.
Almost 2 years have passed since I joined and I have tried more than 525 recipes. And some of those I have made more than once.
This is one of those recipes. Though this recipe, for me, is more about the method than the ingredients.
I remember before finding this recipe (and Pinterest) how I would cut my potatoes into little cubes, season them with a bit of butter and some herbs and salt, toss them in a pan and put them in the oven. I would stir them every 10-15 minutes or so, hoping they wouldn’t stick and they would anyway. In the process of stirring them 4 or 5 times during their time in the oven they would fall apart and become somewhat mushy instead of the crispy potatoes I dreamed of.
I will never go back.
These potatoes are no-fail. 3 (or more if you want) ingredients, no flipping, no stirring, no mushy potatoes. Delicious.
You might also like these mini Twice Baked Potatoes!
No-Fail (3 Ingredient) Roasted Potatoes
No-Fail Roasted Potatoes -- deliciously crispy and golden!
- 6-8 small-medium potatoes, cleaned and halved
- 1/4 cup butter
- seasoning salt
- other spices according to personal preference
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. While oven is preheating, place ¼ cup of butter on a large pan or cookie sheet (as long as it has sides). Place in the oven to allow the butter to melt.
- When the butter is melted, remove pan from the oven and sprinkle your seasonings over the butter. When I'm in a hurry, I will just do seasoning salt, but you can do whatever your family enjoys.
- Place potatoes cut side down on the butter. Using a pastry brush, brush some of the excess butter onto the backs of the potatoes so they get crispy and flavorful as well.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes. You can always check the doneness of a potato but poking it with a sharp knife. If the knife comes out easily without resistance, your potatoes are done. Cool for a full 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes.
More Potato Recipes!
Garlic Roasted Potatoes from Food Network
Perfect Roast Potatoes from Jamie Oliver