You guys, I am super, super excited to be sharing my first post as an ambassador for The Little Potato Company today.
I knew you couldn’t resist.
Anyway, since first learning about the company, I’ve grown to really appreciate their values and commitment to quality. Creamer potatoes are picked when they are fully mature — they are just naturally small. And they’re just so darn cute!
It’s always a little sketchy going to the supermarket and trying to find a bag of potatoes that’s not full of rotten, bruised, old potatoes. With The Little Potato Company, I know that I’m getting a bag full of smooth, creamy potatoes.
One of my favorite things about these potatoes is how they cook uniformly. There’s no more second guessing doneness, as the potatoes in each bag are a specific size and cook perfectly with no peeling, washing or even chopping.
Okay. Gushing done.
We love our potatoes. And comfort food.
When I was trying to think of what to make, I knew I wanted to do a warm potato salad. I’ve only made one once, and it was such a unique idea, I knew I wanted to try again with maple and bacon. And I knew I wanted to roast the potatoes first.
I cut the potatoes in quarters because I wanted them bite-sized and I wanted more of that crisp, golden exterior. I simply threw them on a baking sheet with some oil and a bit of salt, tossed them so they were coated, and stuck them in the oven.
Be sure you don’t stir the potatoes too much. I find that letting the potatoes sit on the hot pan without moving them gets you the best color.
I used a full 1.5lb bag of the Blushing Belles, but if want to make things even easier I’m sure you could use the microwave ready, or even the oven or barbecue ready packs, and cook them whole before tossing with the vinaigrette.
The vinaigrette is a simple combination of bacon, onion, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and thyme – and the Little Potatoes just soak it all up. I love how potatoes take on different flavor profiles so easily!
This salad is perfect for a summer barbecue or alongside chicken, beef, pork – or just by itself! Because what else do you need? : )
*I am a brand ambassador for The Little Potato Company and I receive special perks as part of this agreement.
Warm Maple Bacon Potato Salad
Warm Maple Bacon Potato Salad: the best kind of salad! Crispy roasted potatoes with a smoky, sweet, tangy vinaigrette. www.thereciperebel.com
- 1 1.5lb bag Blushing Belles from The Little Potato Company
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (or about 1 clove) garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, removed from stem and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Quarter potatoes and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with canola oil and sprinkle evenly with salt. Toss to coat all potatoes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning half way if desired.
- While potatoes are baking, make the vinaigrette. In a medium pan, cook the bacon on medium-high heat until browned and crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to soak up excess grease. Drain all but 1 tbsp grease from the pan.
- With the remaining bacon grease, sauté the onion until soft. Add the vinegar, syrup, garlic, thyme and half of the bacon and simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until slightly reduced. Set aside until potatoes are cooked.
- When potatoes are cooked, toss with vinaigrette and garnish with remaining bacon and additional thyme if desired. Serve warm.