A peanut butter graham cracker crust filled with bananas, Reese’s spread, vanilla pudding and whipped cream, topped with peanut butter cups, chocolate shavings and salted peanuts — the best banana cream pie you’ll ever have!
*This post is sponsored by Hershey’s Canada. I received product and compensation for my time recipe testing and creating this deliciousness before you — thank you for supporting brands that make The Recipe Rebel possible!
So, I was out one day this summer with my 3 year old, my 8 month old, and my 3 year old niece. We met some friends, went to the wading pool, played all through nap time and then I dragged them, exhausted, through the grocery store. One aisle at a time, of course, because as I was distracted by them acting all ridiculous in the cart, I managed to delete my entire grocery list off of my phone, one letter at a time.
I’m not even sure how I could possibly have had the same finger on the backspace button on my phone for that long, while dealing with the ridiculousness, and not having moved it at some point.
But then I looked down at my grocery list, ready to move on and actually accomplish something, and it was gone.
The baby is crying, and the un-napped 3 year olds are about to fall to pieces.
But hey, we made it (I bribed them).
And then I insisted on ice cream for supper. Mostly because I needed it after a whole day out with 3 kids.
So we went to one of my favorite ice cream places, The Velvet Dip, and when we were walking up I saw a sign for a Funky Monkey, with peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream, bananas…. SO good.
When I learned about the opportunity to create something insanely delicious with the new Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate spread from Reese Canada, I had other plans. Most of them ridiculously chocolately and over the top. But we were in one of my favorite places, Baked Expectations over the weekend, and though I usually go straight for the cake when we’re there, I almost wish this time I would have gone for a cream pie. Those heavenly mounds of whipped cream!
I’ve been having cravings for cream pie since then and I just couldn’t ignore them. I’m glad I didn’t.
I kind of think peanut butter and chocolate is the only way to do banana cream pie. I don’t always love banana desserts (they’re just not always very dessert-y, you know?), but I do love a banana cream pie. This Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread is a fabulous addition and it tastes just like Reese Peanut Butter Cups!
Because we all needed an excuse to eat peanut butter cups on our toast for breakfast, right?
No Bake Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
A peanut butter graham cracker crust filled with bananas, Reese's spread, vanilla pudding and whipped cream, topped with peanut butter cups, chocolate shavings and salted peanuts -- the best banana cream pie you'll ever have!
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- 1 instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Garnishes (optional)
- chocolate shavings
- chopped salted peanuts (the best!)
- Mini Reese Peanut Butter Cups
- In a medium bowl, microwave peanut butter in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted (warm enough to stir easily). Add graham cracker crumbs to bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour crumb mixture into a deep dish 9" pie plate and press into the bottom and up the sides. Be sure to press firmly so the crust will hold together.
- Lay bananas over the bottom of the crust.
- In a small bowl, microwave Reese spread in 10-15 second intervals, stirring each time, until easily poured and spread. Pour over bananas in the crust.
- Combine pudding mix and milk with a whisk until smooth. Pour over Reese spread.
- With an electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over pudding in pie crust.
- Top with optional garnishes as desired and refrigerate at least 3-4 hours before serving.
You might like these recipes from friends!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Pops from Deliciously Sprinkled
Banana Churros with Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce from The Food Charlatan
Skinny Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Banana Muffins from Chelsea’s Messy Apron