A no bake graham cracker crust filled with bananas, chocolate peanut butter ganache, homemade vanilla pudding and whipped cream, topped with peanut butter cups, chocolate shavings and salted peanuts — the best banana cream pie you’ll ever have!
Table of Contents
So, I was out one day this summer with my 3 year old, my 8 month old, and my 3 year old niece. We met some friends, went to the wading pool, played all through nap time and then I dragged them, exhausted, through the grocery store.
One aisle at a time, of course, because as I was distracted by them acting all ridiculous in the cart, I managed to delete my entire grocery list off of my phone, one letter at a time.
I’m not even sure how I could possibly have had the same finger on the backspace button on my phone for that long, while dealing with the ridiculousness, and not having moved it at some point.
But then I looked down at my grocery list, ready to move on and actually accomplish something, and it was gone.
The baby is crying, and the un-napped 3 year olds are about to fall to pieces.
But hey, we made it (I bribed them).
And then I insisted on ice cream for supper. Mostly because I needed it after a whole day out with 3 kids.
So we went to one of my favorite ice cream places, and when we were walking up I saw a sign for a Funky Monkey, with peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream, bananas…. SO good.
And since we are big fans of Banana Cream Pie (check out my classic recipe here <–), I decided to take this flavor combo and turn it into this totally no bake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie — perfect for any time of the year!
I kind of think peanut butter and chocolate is the only way to do banana cream pie.
I don’t always love banana desserts (they’re just not always very dessert-y, you know?), but I do love a banana cream pie. This version takes Banana Cream Pie and turns it into something totally over the top, in the best way.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cream (any kind)
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas sliced
- whipped cream, extra bananas, mini peanut butter cups, and peanut butter for garnish as desired.
- Stir together graham crumbs and melted butter and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes, until it looks slightly dry. (This step is optional and just helps the crust to hold up better)
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate chips, cream and peanut butter. Microwave on high in 20 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted.
- Pour into the bottom of the crust.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together half and half, sugar, eggs and corn starch until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened — this can take up to 10 or 15 minutes but don't rush it.
- When filling has thickened, stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Stir in sliced bananas.
- Pour into crust over chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight until set.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream, sliced bananas, Reese's peanut butter cups, and peanut butter drizzle as desired. (To drizzle peanut butter, simply heat in the microwave until it can be poured, then use a spoon to drizzle over).
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel