This Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler recipe comes together quickly and easily in your crockpot! Set it and forget it! Just don’t forget the ice cream 😉
This recipe was posted first on The Recipe Critic.
I know, I know. You’re not surprised.
Obviously, it was time for this Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler to make an appearance!
Really, you can swap the fruit out on any of these cobbler recipes and come up with a creation all your own.
But this time, I wanted to try a biscuit style topping instead of my usual batter. I decided I couldn’t decide I preferred my cobbler one way when I hadn’t really given the other a chance.
And what I decided? Is that both are delicious, and the one I prefer really depends on the day.
If you’re a cakey kind of person, try the batter style. If you’re a biscuit lover? Go for this sweet cinnamon-spiced biscuit topping. It’s slightly sweet, buttery, and has a hint of cinnamon and vanilla that pairs so well with these fresh peaches.
Tips for Making this Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler:
- For canned peaches: drain the juice from the can and continue with the recipe as written.
- For frozen peaches: you can add the peaches right from frozen, just be sure to add one more tablespoon of corn starch if you like it a little juicy and two more tablespoons if you like a thicker filling.
- I recommend a shallow, casserole-style crock pot for this recipe but really any will do, as long as it is 2.5-4 quarts in size. Keep in mind that a deeper or larger crockpot may take a little extra time to cook because of the depth of the cobbler. In a shallow, casserole style crock pot, it heats up more quickly.
- Feel free to mix up the fruit or add in as you have — raspberries would be amazing in this, as would slice strawberries or blueberries.
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- 7-8 fresh peaches peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4-1 cup buttermilk
- Lightly grease a 2.5-4 quart slow cooker. Add peaches, 1/4 cup sugar and corn starch to the crock pot and stir until coated.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until pea-sized pieces remain.
- Add the vanilla and buttermilk gradually, stirring until a soft dough forms.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls over the peaches. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream.