This easy recipe for Sheet Pan Perogies and Sausage is a complete meal made on one pan with just six ingredients! Just 5 minutes prep!
Table of Contents
This recipe for Sheet Pan Perogies and Sausage is a tried-and-true crowd-pleaser in my family. It’s an easy meal to assemble (it comes together in under 5 minutes) and it’s perfect for hectic school nights and action-packed weekends.
(Seriously, the only prep this recipe requires is cutting up an onion and transferring ingredients from their packages onto the sheet pan!).
Whether your preferred spelling is perogies or pierogies (or even pierogi!) there’s no denying the appeal of potato-and-cheese-stuffed dumplings.
Homemade perogies taste incredible, but I’m lucky enough to live in Canada’s official perogy hotspot which means I have access to quality frozen perogies all the time.
I always keep a bag (or several) of these amazing frozen perogies in the freezer, that way I know I have everything I need for a quick meal on busy nights.
Sausage is a natural pairing for these savoury perogies, and there are a ton of options to choose from. We like smoked turkey or pork sausages, but feel free to experiment with any of your favourite flavours.
My time-tested trick for maximum deliciousness? Cut up the sausage before adding it to the sheet pan. As the sausage cooks it will release fat (AKA flavour!) and the surrounding perogies will develop a tasty, naturally smokey flavour.
How to make this recipe for Sheet Pan Perogies and Sausage:
- Spread perogies, sausage, and sliced onion in a single layer across a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, turning the perogies over at the halfway mark.
- Remove from the oven and serve while still piping hot — that’s it!
Variations on this Sheet Pan Perogies and Sausage:
- Add cut-up veggies to the sheet pan — my family loves broccoli florets, sweet pepper strips, and button mushrooms.
- Sprinkle grated chedder or mozzarella onto the perogies during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Eating less meat? Try baking the perogies with plant-based smoked sausages.
What to serve with Perogies and Sausage:
- Sour cream or a mixture of sour cream and plain Greek yogurt (stir in some minced chives or scallions for extra flavour)
- Serve with a rich cream gravy like my family typically would: simply simmer heavy cream with a bit of butter until thickened and luxurious, then season with salt and pepper.Homemade or store-bought sauerkraut
- Crumbled pieces of crispy bacon
- A crunchy salad (I recommend this Broccoli Salad Recipe or my Homemade Coleslaw Recipe)
- An equally simple side dish (like these Slow Cooker Honey Orange Glazed Carrots or Easy Creamed Peas)
Try these other sheet pan dinners:
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs Sheet Pan Dinner
- One Pan Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans
- Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Dinner
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Sheet Pan Perogies and Sausage
- 16 frozen cheese perogies (or any flavor)
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 smoked sausages (pork or turkey)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add perogies and onion a bowl and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn to coat and spread on pan.
- Slice smoked sausages and add to the pan around the perogies and onions (we want the sausages evenly spread through the pan as they will render fat and flavor that will add to the perogies). Spread everything into a single layer as much as possible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning perogies once half way through, until perogies are puffed and tender and onions are golden.
- Serve as desired (my family loves it with sour cream!)
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel