This One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini is an easy dinner idea, perfect for using up leftover turkey or chicken! It comes together in 30 minutes or less in just one pan!
It’s hard to find anything to dislike about a one pot pasta recipe, especially in the fall when all we are craving is hearty comfort food!
After remaking this Turkey Tetrazzini Soup a while back, I thought to myself, “whyyyyy have I not done a one pot tetrazzini?!? It just makes sense!” Because with Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the holiday celebrations and dinner, you are almost guaranteed to have a little extra turkey lying around.
(You don’t?? Just chop up a couple boneless chicken breasts and cook them in the pan before starting the mushrooms! No problem.)
Because life is a little crazy right now, I wanted to use up that turkey to make an easy dinner recipe that you can crank out even when you’re running on extra cups of coffee and dry shampoo. And if my kids will eat it without complaining? You know it’s a win!
I like to use a combination of low sodium chicken broth and milk or cream in my creamy one pot pasta recipes, because I find if you use allllllll cream, it’s just too heavy, and it gets thick and the sauce is just not as smooth or luscious. Adding just a bit of cream can give the sauce that great depth of flavor and a bit of decadence, while making sure it’s still a reasonable dinner option for every day. You can skip the cream completely and just use milk if you want to really lighten it up!
Tips and Tricks for Making this One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini:
- You can add in extra veggies if you want! I tried to keep this one pot version as close to the original as possible, but there are lots of other vegetables that would be great in here.
- You can make this gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta, but you may need to adjust the ratio of liquid to pasta and it’s not something I’ve tried myself.
- The best way to reheat pasta is to add a little splash of water, broth, or milk before microwaving — it keeps the sauce nice and smooth while it’s reheated!
One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup white mushrooms stems removed if desired, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk or cream or a combination
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 350g spaghetti noodles broken in half
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until mushrooms are browned and onions are softened, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, milk or cream, salt, thyme, parsley, and pepper and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir in spaghetti, turkey and peas return to a simmer, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked to desired doneness, stirring frequently. Stir in Parmesan, cover and let sit until heated through. Serve.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)