This Honey Garlic Salmon in Foil can be made in the oven or on the grill — with just 5 ingredients and no dirty pans! It has a made from scratch honey garlic sauce that’s also great on chicken, pork or beef. Includes how to recipe video.
It’s a BIG day here friends: this is the first seafood recipe of any kind on The Recipe Rebel.
Have you noticed this gaping hole?
I’m curious — how many times per week or month do you all eat seafood? For us, if I’m totally honest, it’s maybe once a month. But we’ve been working on changing that!
We don’t mind seafood most of the time, but the way we eat it is pretty boring. It’s hardly even worth writing down.
But since one of my goals this year was to eat more seafood, finding new ways to make it and experimenting with other varieties (we eat a lot of white fish!) was a good excuse to experiment. And write it down.
I know this isn’t a surprise, but we love honey garlic sauce on anything. I have my go-to version that I used on these Honey Garlic Turkey Sloppy Joes and this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables, so I tried it out on a piece of salmon that I bought to try to keep me on track with my resolutions.
Next up I definitely want to try recreating a salmon recipe I had in Ottawa last summer — it had the most delicious, savory crisp crust on it and I think it was the best piece of salmon I’ve ever had. If you have a recipe like this, leave it in the comments so I can try it!
Note: For this recipe, you can use a fillet with the skin or without — it’s super easy to peel the skin off after its cooked, so it doesn’t really matter either way!
If you’re looking for more easy, healthy recipes, check out these Dinner Recipes Under 500 Calories!
See how easy it is to make!
Honey Garlic Salmon in Foil (Oven or Grill) + RECIPE VIDEO
This Honey Garlic Salmon in Foil can be made in the oven or on the grill -- with just 5 ingredients and no dirty pans! It has a made from scratch honey garlic sauce that's also great on chicken, pork or beef. Includes how to recipe video.
- 1 1-1.5lb salmon fillet (with skin or without)
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and cover a baking sheet with a double layer of tin foil (you really want two layers!). Place salmon fillet on foil and pull the edges up around the salmon (don't cover completely).
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger and pour over salmon. Pull foil up and pinch together at the top so it's completely sealed around the salmon.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until salmon is firm and cooked through (you can also grill at the same temperature over indirect heat for about the same amount of time -- right in the foil!). (Optional: you can open and broil for 2-3 minutes, but keep in mind that honey burns quickly). Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 171 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|