This Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish uses puff pastry and fresh strawberries, making it the ultimate quick summer dessert! Use whatever fruit you like!
Strawberry season is finally getting near here and I’m dreaming up all kinds of ways to use my fresh strawberries! This Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe is just the beginning.
If you’re one of those lucky Southerners whose farmers markets and gardens start overflowing early in the Spring, I’m totally jealous. For us Manitobans, we are just starting to see fresh local produce popping up.
Last year we planted a few strawberry plants in our garden for the first time. I honestly had no idea how much they spread and take over! I’m expecting a ton of strawberries this summer but I am definitely not mad about it. I think if all I had was a garden full of strawberries I would be a happy girl!
I almost always have some puff pastry in the freezer for quick fix recipes like these danishes. I love how easily it can turn some fresh strawberries into something even more fabulous! And cream cheese, because, well…. I don’t know if you noticed but I have a little addiction to all things cheesecake.
Tell me what you are all doing with your fresh strawberries!
Tips and Tricks for Making this Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish:
- These danishes are best fresh — so be sure to make them the day you want to eat them. They are super quick to whip up so they’re perfect for company or any holiday!
- Feel free to mix up the fruit on top! Some fruit — like berries, kiwi, mandarin oranges — will be great fresh and can be added after baking. Some fruit — like apples — will be better added before baking as they will soften.
- You’ll want to slice your strawberries as thinly as possible — this will make them easier to eat and prevent them from all sliding off as you eat the danish!
Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish + VIDEO
This Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish uses puff pastry and fresh strawberries, making it the ultimate quick summer dessert! Use whatever fruit you like! Includes step by step recipe video.
- 4oz (1/2 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 450g box), cold
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 strawberries, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk until smooth.
- Roll out puff pastry into a rough 12" by 12" square. Cut in half down the middle and cut each side into 4 rectangular pieces. Divide cream cheese mixture between 8 pieces of puff pastry and spread to within ½" of the outside.
- With a fork, beat egg white and water until combined. Brush around the exposed edges of the puff pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool 20-30 minutes.
- Top with a layer of strawberries and brush with jam. Serve immediately.
- Cover leftovers loosely with plastic wrap and serve within 6-8 hours.