Sweet, smoky ham in an easy homemade barbecue sauce that you can whip up in 10 minutes! Beat the dinner time rush with this quick, flavorful meal! Includes step by step recipe video.
We love, love, love this recipe.
I wish I could remember where I found this recipe…. possibly in a Taste of Home magazine that I stole from my mom. We have been enjoying this recipe for years, whenever we have some ham kicking around and need a super kick and flavorful meal! (Which is often when you have a 2 and a 4 year old in the house, tugging at your leg and not so patiently awaiting their lunch.) Just don’t forget the napkins — you’ll need them!
It is such an easy recipe! And the sauce is perfectly sweet and sour and would be great on just about anything. You can make it on the stovetop just like this, or you can throw everything in the slow cooker and let it cook on low for 3-4 hours until hot and thickened.
I know that our minds are onto summer and way past Easter, but this would also be a great recipe for using up leftover Easter or Christmas ham. Throw in some veggies and serve over rice or mashed potatoes for a full meal deal!
Feel free to smother these with any toppings you prefer on a barbecue ham sandwich: cole slaw, pickles, cheese, lettuce, etc. Me? I’m a meat-on-a-bun kind of girl. No interference (although I’m slowly coming around 😉 )
And might I recommend you slap your leftover barbecue ham between two slices of bread with a nice thick layer of cheese for the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich? I promise you won’t regret it.
Recipe and photos updated from June 30, 2014
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
10-Minute BBQ Ham Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons corn starch prepared with equal parts water as needed
- 1 1/2 lbs shaved deli ham
- Combine water through mustard in a large pan over high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 3-4 minutes to bring flavours together.
- Stir in corn starch and water mixture until you reach desired thickness.
- Add ham and heat through, 3-4 minutes.
- Serve on your favourite bun or roll.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel