An easy ice cream cake made 3-ingredient no-churn chocolate ice cream swirled with Nutella and raspberry preserves. All on a crust made with crushed ice cream cones! The perfect simple, no-bake summer dessert!
I promise that from now on I’ll try to keep recipe titles under 12 words long. There was just nothing I could leave out, you know?
A chocolate ice cream cake is pretty good, but with Nutella and raspberry? A-mazing.
Did you know I’m a recent Nutella convert?
The Nutella Brownie Fruit Pizza was my first ever dessert made with Nutella, and I am totally hooked!
And yes, I know that everyone has been loving on Nutella for many years and I am way behind the times.
And no, this post is not sponsored by Nutella!
So I don’t know how, but I got this idea in my head to make an ice cream cake on an ice cream cone crust. And it was a good one.
Tell me: are you one of those people who actually likes the ice cream cone? Or are you the one always getting your ice cream in a bowl?
Regular cone or waffle cone?
I know I’m probably going to be the minority here, but I actually don’t really like waffle cones. You can definitely make this with crushed waffle cones if you prefer though!
I am so ready for summer ice cream runs.
We have this amazing ice cream place about an hour away (and I live in the country so there isn’t that much that isn’t an hour away), and I will get a dipped cone every time.
Every. Single. Time.
They have all kinds of combinations! Toasted coconut dip, blue raspberry dip, cake batter dip, white chocolate dip, lime dip, and plain old chocolate dip. I’m obsessed.
And 9 times out of 10 I’m getting chocolate ice cream dipped in toasted coconut. Because toasted coconut.
Chocolate + Nutella + raspberry ice cream = amazingness.
I was going to use my regular ice cream recipe, but I decided to whip up this cake on a Monday evening after I failed twice at the same recipe and I needed to console myself. So I was looking for a shortcut.
I found some eggless no-churn ice cream recipes and I was totally intrigued. I found a few different recipes that were really similar, like this one from Add a Pinch and this one from Keep it Sweet Desserts. I figured it was worth a shot!
This ice cream is SO easy and so simple – I can’t believe it was missing from my life until now. That being said, this is the kind of ice cream cake you can cut right out of the freezer. In fact, I wouldn’t recommend letting it sit on a table in the sun for half an hour while you photograph before cutting it. But since most normal people don’t do that, I think you’ll be fine.
If you’re looking for an ice cream that will hold up out of the freezer longer than say half an hour (say you’re serving it at a birthday party or something), check out my other go-to ice cream recipe! It doesn’t get as soft quite as quickly. That being said, since I like my ice cream softer, this recipe is a new favorite!
Nutella and Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream Cake with Ice Cream Cone Crust
- About 15 regular-sized ice cream cones
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup thick chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup Nutella, divided
- 3 tbsp plus 1/8 cup milk or cream, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- Whipped cream and fresh raspberries for garnish if desired
- Line a 9” springform pan with wax paper (I like to do it so the edges are hanging out -- I find it’s easier to get the ice cream cake out afterwards) and set aside.
- In a food processor, process the ice cream cones until finely crushed. Add melted butter and process until combined (it should hold together if you press it in your fingers). Press crumbs into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup carefully, until combined. Set aside.
- Combine ½ cup Nutella and 3 tbsp milk in a small bowl and microwave 10 seconds until slightly warm. Stir to combine.
- Spread half of the cream mixture onto the crust. Swirl with half of the Nutella mixture and half of the raspberry preserves. Top with remaining cream mixture. Swirl with remaining Nutella mixture and raspberry preserves. Freeze until firm (at least 8 hours or overnight).
- For the Nutella drizzle, combine ¼ cup Nutella and ⅛ cup milk in a small bowl and microwave for 10 seconds. Stir until smooth and drizzle over frozen ice cream cake. Garnish with additional whipped cream and fresh raspberries if desired. Serve immediately and return leftovers to freezer.
You might also like this Nutella Brownie Fruit Pizza!
Or this No-Bake Banana Split Cheesecake!
More frosty treats from friends!
Ice Cream Cake with Circus Animal Crust from Food Faith Fitness.
Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream from The Gunny Sack.
Samoa Cookie Ice Cream Cake from Beyond Frosting.