Am I the only one out there who can’t stand the smell of balsamic vinegar? That is some powerful stuff. It makes my head hurt a little bit.
So I had made these Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork Sliders from Your Homebased Mom once before, and I thought the exact same thing: “That sauce smells potent — how can it actually taste good?!”
The truth? It’s incredible. INCREDIBLE.
This is my favourite pulled pork recipe out there.
In the world.
I changed the sauce up a bit from Your Homebased Mom’s recipe because I’m just not a big fan of mustard. I also increased the amount overall and decreased the vinegar just a touch.
It is so easy just to throw a roast in the slow cooker in the morning, and then when suppertime rolls around the only thing you have to do is make the sauce. I mean, you could make a side to serve with it, but we don’t.
When this pulled pork is on the table, I don’t need anything else getting in my way.
Try it. Maybe it’ll be your favourite pulled pork, too!
- 3-4lb boneless pork roast
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- At the roast to a slow cooker. Top with water, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Cook on low for 10 hours or until falling apart.
- minutes before your roast is ready, add the rest of the ingredients (vinegar through garlic) to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Drain juices from pork. Shred your pork and stir in half of the prepared sauce. Serve the rest of the sauce alongside the pork with buns.