The BEST pulled pork! Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork with an incredible thick, sweet and tangy honey balsamic sauce! Easy crockpot dinner. Includes step by step recipe video.
So I like to think I’ve come a little ways since my days of quickly snapping a picture of my supper for the blog before diving in. But I have to admit, the though of photographing a big hunk of brown meat makes me a little nervous.
It didn’t help that I laid down on the couch when the girls went for a nap and opened my eyes at 5:00.
Luckily, I didn’t have much work to do on this incredible pulled pork.
It’s always a little interesting trying to get some photos of something we’re eating for supper before it’s totally cold and unappetizing, especially as I’m rushing and trying to make it look like I didn’t just sleep until 5:00pm when the hubs gets home from work.
“Girl, go and start cleaning up your toys!”
“I can’t mom, I have to take pictures!”
Things get a little crowded in our dining room as we’re both maneuvering around the toys on the floor, trying to get a good shot of our supper in between periods of dark cloudiness and too-bright sunshine.
Anyway. We made it.
Am I the only one out there who can’t stand the smell of balsamic vinegar? That is some powerful stuff. It makes my head hurt a little bit.
When I make this honey balsamic sauce, I think the exact same thing: “That sauce smells potent — how can it actually taste good?!”
The truth? It’s incredible. INCREDIBLE.
This is my favourite pulled pork recipe out there.
In the world.
It is so easy just to throw a roast in the slow cooker in the morning, and then when suppertime rolls around the only thing you have to do is make the sauce. I mean, you could make a side to serve with it, but we don’t.
When this pulled pork is on the table, I don’t need anything else getting in my way. Just some fresh buns and allllll that dark, drippy sauce!
Try it. Maybe it’ll be your favourite pulled pork, too!
*Post and photos updated May 28, 2015
Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork
A new take on pulled pork that is sweet and sour! This dark, thick syrup-like sauce is incredible -- a must-try!
- 3-4lb boneless pork roast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Add the roast to a slow cooker. Top with water, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Cook on low for 10 hours or until falling apart.
- Just before your roast is ready, add the rest of the ingredients (vinegar through garlic) to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Drain juices from pork. Shred your pork and stir in half of the prepared sauce. Serve the rest of the sauce alongside the pork with buns.