The BEST pulled pork! Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork with an incredible thick, sweet and tangy honey balsamic sauce! Easy crockpot dinner. Includes step by step recipe video.
So I like to think I’ve come a little ways since my days of quickly snapping a picture of my supper for the blog before diving in. But I have to admit, the though of photographing a big hunk of brown meat makes me a little nervous.
It didn’t help that I laid down on the couch when the girls went for a nap and opened my eyes at 5:00.
Luckily, I didn’t have much work to do on this incredible pulled pork.
It’s always a little interesting trying to get some photos of something we’re eating for supper before it’s totally cold and unappetizing, especially as I’m rushing and trying to make it look like I didn’t just sleep until 5:00pm when the hubs gets home from work.
“Girl, go and start cleaning up your toys!”
“I can’t mom, I have to take pictures!”
Things get a little crowded in our dining room as we’re both maneuvering around the toys on the floor, trying to get a good shot of our supper in between periods of dark cloudiness and too-bright sunshine.
Anyway. We made it.
Am I the only one out there who can’t stand the smell of balsamic vinegar? That is some powerful stuff. It makes my head hurt a little bit.
When I make this honey balsamic sauce, I think the exact same thing: “That sauce smells potent — how can it actually taste good?!”
The truth? It’s incredible. INCREDIBLE.
This is my favourite pulled pork recipe out there.
In the world.
It is so easy just to throw a roast in the slow cooker in the morning, and then when suppertime rolls around the only thing you have to do is make the sauce. I mean, you could make a side to serve with it, but we don’t.
When this pulled pork is on the table, I don’t need anything else getting in my way. Just some fresh buns and allllll that dark, drippy sauce!
Try it. Maybe it’ll be your favourite pulled pork, too!
Looking for more slow cooker pork recipes? Try this Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin!
*Post and photos updated May 28, 2015
Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork
- 3 lb boneless pork roast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Add the roast to a slow cooker. Top with water, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until falling apart.
- Just before your roast is ready, add the rest of the ingredients (vinegar through garlic) to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Drain juices from pork. Shred your pork and stir in half of the prepared sauce. Serve the rest of the sauce alongside the pork with buns.