A hearty dinner in one skillet — chicken or turkey, potatoes, vegetables, and gravy in one pot and 30 minutes! This Skillet Chicken Stew is perfect for a busy weeknight!
So it’s #30MinuteThursday and I know you’re so over all of the holiday extravagance but still wanting some healthy, hearty comfort food. Stew is something I don’t make all that often, I think because it just sounds time consuming, you know?
I have to admit, when I was thinking about doing this stew I wasn’t sure I could get it done in 30 minutes total. Sometimes potatoes take longer to cook than I think, and there is chopping… but what really saves time here is slicing the potatoes instead of cubing them, and using frozen vegetables.
I have no problem using frozen vegetables or fruit, especially if it means that the vegetables actually get on the table at dinner time!
I set the timer for 30 minutes, and started cutting my chicken. While my chicken cooked, I sliced my potatoes. And when the timer was at 7 minutes left I was stirring in my frozen veggies — success!
It’s always kind of a thrill seeing what kind of a meal you can make in 30 minutes. That’s even almost enough time for me to get dinner on the table before the baby starts clinging to my legs and crying for her dinner (she does not have a lot of patience when it comes to her food!).
So whether you need a warm, hearty post-tobogganing meal, or just an easy weeknight dinner for any time of year — this stew is perfect for you!
30 Minute Skillet Chicken Stew
Chicken or turkey, potatoes, vegetables, and gravy in one pot and 30 minutes! This Skillet Chicken Stew is perfect for a busy weeknight!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 turkey breast fillet or 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups frozen vegetables of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add turkey or chicken and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce to medium low heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine corn starch and water and stir into skillet. Add vegetables, cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are warmed through, 3-5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some bread or rolls for dipping!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 278 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
More 30 Minute Meals from friends!
Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
30-Minute Three Bean Chipotle Quinoa Chili from Flavor the Moments
Walnut-Crusted Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Salad from Floating Kitchen
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Orange-Ginger Sauce from Kristine’s Kitchen
Skinny Beef and Broccoli from Life Made Sweeter
30 Minute Chicken Stew from The Recipe Rebel
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30 Minute Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice from Savory Nothings
30 Minute Black Bean Soup with Pico De Gallo from She Likes Food
30-Minute Chicken Basil Pesto Pasta Skillet from Whole and Heavenly Oven