A hearty dinner in one skillet — chicken or turkey, potatoes, vegetables, and gravy in one pot and 30 minutes! This Skillet Chicken Stew is perfect for a busy weeknight!
So it’s #30MinuteThursday and I know you’re so over all of the holiday extravagance but still wanting some healthy, hearty comfort food. Stew is something I don’t make all that often, I think because it just sounds time consuming, you know?
I have to admit, when I was thinking about doing this stew I wasn’t sure I could get it done in 30 minutes total. Sometimes potatoes take longer to cook than I think, and there is chopping… but what really saves time here is slicing the potatoes instead of cubing them, and using frozen vegetables.
I have no problem using frozen vegetables or fruit, especially if it means that the vegetables actually get on the table at dinner time!
I set the timer for 30 minutes, and started cutting my chicken. While my chicken cooked, I sliced my potatoes. And when the timer was at 7 minutes left I was stirring in my frozen veggies — success!
It’s always kind of a thrill seeing what kind of a meal you can make in 30 minutes. That’s even almost enough time for me to get dinner on the table before the baby starts clinging to my legs and crying for her dinner (she does not have a lot of patience when it comes to her food!).
So whether you need a warm, hearty post-tobogganing meal, or just an easy weeknight dinner for any time of year — this stew is perfect for you!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
30 Minute Skillet Chicken Stew
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 turkey breast fillet or 2 chicken breasts diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 medium potatoes sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups frozen vegetables of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add turkey or chicken and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce to medium low heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine corn starch and water and stir into skillet. Add vegetables, cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are warmed through, 3-5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some bread or rolls for dipping!
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel