This no mayo Garlic Herb Potato Salad is great warm or cold — the perfect make ahead side dish for summer barbecues, loaded with fresh herbs! Includes step by step recipe video.
*You’ll find the giveaway down below the recipe
I know that maybe it seems a little strange to see me get excited about this no mayo potato salad after I shared this Classic Potato Salad with Bacon two short months ago, but grilling weather is at least a few months here in Manitoba and a girl’s gotta have options, right?!?
I do love potato salad with mayo (even though I’ve confessed over and over that I despise mayo and it’s the only way I’ll eat it). But this no mayo option is just as good and has tons of flavor from fresh herbs — such a great way to dig into your stash this summer!
There are so many things I love about this deliciousness right here.
You’ve got allllll the herbs (and you can mix it up and use whatever you have or whatever you like! Add basil, thyme, whatever you’ve got on hand!). Plus, herbs add a ton of flavor and pretty much zero calories (perfect for swimsuit season!).
A super simple dressing with just a touch of tang and a touch of sweetness — it’s really light and mild in flavor.
Garlic (call me crazy if you want — I love my garlic in everything!).
The creamiest, most delicious Little Potatoes — for this recipe I used Baby Boomers because I love them boiled. They are so soft and fluffy inside, and they’re the perfect base for this super flavorful dressing! One serving also has only 120 calories, 12% of your daily fibre and 8% of your daily Iron — both super important for this preggo here!
And lastly, it’s perfect hot, warm, room temperature or straight from the fridge. Serve it up as a hot side dish fresh out of the pan in the winter with a roast, or serve it cold with grilled meat and veggies in the summer. It’s totally flexible!
Tips and Tricks for Making this no mayo Garlic Herb Potato Salad:
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free, vegetarian (use something else to sweeten and we can call it vegan!), and dairy free — so it’s perfect for those big potlucks or gatherings!
- Speaking of this salad being dairy free…. I wouldn’t judge you if you threw in a handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese — that garlic/herb/Parm combo is out of this world!
- If your potatoes are a little larger than mine, you may want to halve them just for ease of eating.
- Feel free to add in your favorite summer veggies: peppers, spinach, kale, cherry tomatoes — fresh or roasted!
- Pictured above is the entire recipe — for me, this was about 28 Little Potatoes for 340 grams. It can easily serve anywhere from 3-4 people, or a little more or a little less. It’s super easy to double the recipe and use a full 1.5lb/680g bag if you like!
Watch the recipe video and see how easy it is to make!
No Mayo Garlic Herb Potato Salad + RECIPE VIDEO
- 340 g Little Potatoes I used 28 Baby Boomers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook potatoes until tender, about 10-13 minutes (I use a sharp knife to test doneness as shown in the video -- it should pierce easily). Drain potatoes and return to pan.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, dill, parsley and chives. Add to potatoes in pan, cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes to soften garlic and bring flavors together (this cooking is optional, but I prefer to cook the garlic even just for a couple minutes -- if you want to skip this step, feel free to just add to the hot potatoes or use ¼ teaspoon garlic powder).
- Remove potatoes to a plate and serve warm or refrigerate to serve cold later.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
[ of your Vitamin C, and 10]