This Pumpkin Pie Icebox Cake is an easy, no bake dessert for Thanksgiving! It has only a few ingredients and is easy to make ahead.
Recipe appeared first on The Recipe Critic.
I’m sure you know by now that I love icebox cakes: they are easy, and you can make them in any flavor with just a handful of ingredients.
I have to say though — I think this is one of the husband’s. Also, you can guarantee this will be the last pumpkin recipe here for the year. Guys — I am pumpkinned out.
I feel like I’ve been a little more open to this whole pumpkin obsession this year than in years past, and my family has thoroughly enjoyed it.
But me? I’m ready to move on to Christmas cookies, chocolates, candies, peppermint, caramel…. just anything but pumpkin spice.
I am a little nervous about trying to squeeze in allllllll of the things I want to share with you this year though. Last December, I think I shared about 20 (<— not exaggerating) new recipes, and definitely posted every day from December 1st to 15th.
Let me just say I am going to try not to do that this year. In fact, I’m going to try to take some holidays! (What!??!)
I’m a little worried because I don’t actually know what it is to have free time anymore. When you’re self-employed and you work in your home, it can be next to impossible to shut the office door, turn the computer off, turn the phone off, turn the oven off…. I find myself thinking, “oh I’ll just quickly do this/whip this up/send this email,” and an hour later I haven’t even gotten to my one and only task.
So I hope you enjoy the Christmas treats here and the Christmas holidays! And I hope you carve out some time to relax and eat good food 🙂
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Icebox Cake
- 40 square graham crackers (20 if you have the long rectangular ones)
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 oz can pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- In a large bowl, beat cream on high with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1 cup in the refrigerator.
- Add spices, vanilla and pumpkin and beat on low just until incorporated.
- Place one layer of graham crackers into the bottom of an 8×8″ pan. Top with ¼ of the pumpkin mixture (I use a piping bag to do this — it’s quicker and is easier to spread!).
- Repeat layers 3 more times, so that there are 4 layers of graham crackers each topped with ¼ of the pumpkin mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, until cake is set and graham crackers have softened. Cut into squares and serve with reserved whipped cream.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel