This Holiday Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is made with Chapman’s Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches and Peppermint Twist Ice Cream for a fun Christmas dessert! With just 3 ingredients and 10 minutes prep, it’s a showstopper on the dessert table! See the step by step recipe video down in the recipe card.
*This post is generously sponsored by Chapman’s and I was compensated for my time in creating this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Recipe Rebel possible!
Table of Contents
Don’t get me wrong, I love summer, but Christmas is the season I wait for all year.
And it’s not just because the Chapman’s Holiday Moments ice cream and treats start popping up in local grocery stores 😉
This Holiday Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is filled with chocolate and peppermint deliciousness in the form of the Holiday Moments Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches and Holiday Moments Peppermint Twist Ice Cream (complete with a fudgy swirl!).
I love serving these Ice Cream Sandwich Cakes year round because they are so easy to throw together (seriously — just 10 minutes prep!) and you can fill them with any flavor and top them with any goodies you like.
They’re the perfect cool and creamy ice cream treat to serve year round!
Tips for making the best Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:
- Make sure your ice cream sandwiches are frozen solid (so they don’t get smushed!) and your ice cream is slightly softened (so you don’t have to press hard to spread it) — this will get you the nicest layers.
- Leave lots of extra plastic wrap around the edges, so you can wrap it completely which makes it perfect for storing a month or two until the next big celebration.
- Choose great ice cream: I’m sure it goes without saying, but we are Chapman’s people here. It’s made with real cream, and they have a wide variety including nut free, gluten free, and no sugar added options.
- Don’t pull it from the freezer too soon: make this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake at least one day in advance if possible, to allow the ice cream to freeze completely firm again. This will ensure nice slices!
Variations on this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake:
- Not a peppermint fan? You can swap out the ice cream sandwiches and ice cream with any of Chapman’s flavors — and there are piles to choose from!
- You can make an ice cream sandwich cake as large or as small as you want — simply arrange your first layer of ice cream sandwiches in a smaller or larger formation. You can also get creative and arrange them to create a letter or number, perfect for birthday celebrations!
- Have fun with the decorations and grab a few of every red and green Christmas candy you can fine, then go nuts (or let the kids go nuts).
More holiday treats you’ll love!
- Christmas M&M Cookies — fun and festive!
- Mint Cream Cheese Brownies — with a fun green swirl
- Peppermint Mocha — for your afternoon pick me up 😉
- Nanaimo Bars — a Canadian must have!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Holiday Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 12 Chapman's Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches (1 box)
- 1.5 litres Chapman's Peppermint Twist Ice Cream (1 tub)
- 3 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- chocolate sauce and crushed candy canes for garnish, optional
- Remove peppermint twist ice cream from the freezer to soften for 10-20 minutes before assembling.
- Lay two very large pieces of plastic wrap over a large rectangular platter, going opposite directions (you will have a large + with plenty of overhang).
- Unwrap and arrange four ice cream sandwiches in a row in the middle intersection of your plastic wrap on the platter (leave the other sandwiches in the freezer so they don't get too soft).
- Scoop ⅓ of the tub of peppermint twist ice cream onto the first row of ice cream sandwiches, pressing down with a spatula to form an even layer.
- Repeat layers 2 more times, using all of the ice cream sandwiches and ice cream.
- Wrap the plastic wrap tightly around the cake, using your hands to straighten your layers as necessary. Place in the freezer and let freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap the cake and spread all sides with whipped cream. Garnish as desired with chocolate sauce, crushed candy canes, or other Christmas candies.
- Slice and serve. Store leftovers in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel